Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medala PIS vs. Amdea Purely Yours pump?

Default Medala PIS vs. Amdea Purely Yours pump?

Which one would you recommend and why? Thanks!

Default Re: Medala PIS vs. Amdea Purely Yours pump?

i have the medela PIS advanced, and it's worked great for me. i pump 4 times a day during the work week and at least once a day during the weekend...so i'd recommend the medela pump. the advanced model has a let-down feature that mimics baby's suckling in the beginning of a nursing session...and variable speed that can be controlled by mommy...comes in a stylish back-pack...also, replacement parts (breastshields, valves/membranes, etc.) are readily available at local retail stores (target, babies r us, etc.). the one "con" that i can think of is that it's considered an "open" system so it should only be used by one person...which may make it harder to sell, if you wanted to sell it at a later time....oh, another "con"....it's pretty pricey...

on the other hand, the ameda PY has a great price...and i've read so many positive comments/feedback from PY users. this is a "closed" system pump, so it can be used by more than one person. however, i haven't seen replacement parts for the PY at retail stores...so I'm thinking that you have to possibly order them online...which may not be convenient for everyone.

HTH!

Not much help in making your decision because I'm waiting on my PY to get here (GO FEDEX, Mommy goes back to work on Monday!!) I purchased it online for 149, no case, including shipping and two free 9 oz Avent bottles included. Replacement parts are readily availaible online for decent prices which is easier for me than actually shopping. Plus several hospital "shops" may sell the replacement parts for the PY.

I am hoping that it works out for me. . . hopefully others have better input.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleina's_Mom
    ialso, replacement parts (breastshields, valves/membranes, etc.) are readily available at local retail stores (target, babies r us, etc.). HTH!
    REALLY? I didn't know this! Thank you!!! Have you seen the tubing available there? My tubes have a bit of moisture in them so I would like to replace them.

you know, of all the parts, i haven't seen tubing at local stores. if you do see a bit of moisture/condensation/milk in the tubes, you can run some warm water through them and then attach them to the pump and leave it on for a few minutes until the tubes are dry. you can also run some alcohol through the tubing to get them to dry quicker.

i noticed condensation in my tubing the other week and i just attached them to the pump and left the pump for about 10 minutes while i was doing stuff around the house (i'm sure they were dry before 10 minutes), and when i went back to the pump, the tubing was completely dry! HTH!