Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Feeding ?'s

Question Feeding ?'s

Hey sweet Mama's!

My baby is a few days shy of 9 months old. She started pureed solid foods two months ago. She eats them 3X day. Also nurses 5X day. When can we move on to the next "step" in the texture of foods? I make her foods, so how would I "make" the next step? Also, how much (in Tablespoons please!) is a good amount for EACH solid feeding? I give her between 3-4 right now.

Thank you!!!

1st time momma of a beautiful (my little tinkerbink!) Born June 08'

Expecting #2 early April

Married to my soulmate since May 06'

So blessed..

Default Re: Feeding ?'s

We never did purees and just always fed finger type foods. This resource has some info you might find helpful
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks! I am printing the info off right now. I just want to make sure she is getting enough....

Anyone else do what I have been doing? (puree)

Expecting #2 early April

So blessed..

We are doing some puree, some chunky mashed stuff. I tried an animal cracker today and she loved it! I had to take it away 'cuz she would have shoved it all in her mouth.
    She still gags on some things so that's why we do puree...hoping to give her finger type foods soon.
    How is your LO's constipation (I think I remember you had a problem about the same time we did)?
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ

Hey Mama!

Her constipation is on and off lately. I think it might be too much rice/oatmeal cereals? Not sure. I mix them in...a little....with each meal. I'm not doing it at much anymore. Poor thing, she has had a couple rock hard poopies! Ouchie!

How did you know your baby was ready to eat a cracker? I'd love to move on to new things... I'm just worried she'll choke. I'm doing chunky puree's now. HA! if that even makes sense!!

Expecting #2 early April

So blessed..

Chunky puree totally makes sense, its what we do here too.
    She was watching me eat animal crackers and really acting like she wanted one so I gave her one to hold. She put it in her mouth and started licking it so I held it and she bit into it. Its just trial and error. I bought those gerber puffs to try today and she was able to get them into her mouth but she can't move them from side to side so I think its still to early for them.
    Conspitation is a bummer - no pun intended! I keep having to feed her prunes to keep things moving. I've also cut back a little on the solids to see if that helps.
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ