Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stopped BF For about 3 Days...

Default Stopped BF For about 3 Days...

I stopped BF for 3 days. Started nursing again this evening. Before I stopped I had an OALD/Forceful Milk Flow, my LO always choked and gagged and coughed. Well I put her back to breast this evening, my breasts were super soft. Well she gets on and starts choking and gagging again!! I thought they were not full, anyone know why she is still choking and gagging?? Also, do you think after three days I am okay to resume as normal, my breasts don't feel full anymore, but apparently the milk is there since it's choking her again. I am so confused!

Default Re: Stopped BF For about 3 Days...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babyling21009 View Post
    I stopped BF for 3 days. Started nursing again this evening. Before I stopped I had an OALD/Forceful Milk Flow, my LO always choked and gagged and coughed. Well I put her back to breast this evening, my breasts were super soft. Well she gets on and starts choking and gagging again!! I thought they were not full, anyone know why she is still choking and gagging?? Also, do you think after three days I am okay to resume as normal, my breasts don't feel full anymore, but apparently the milk is there since it's choking her again. I am so confused!
    Your body eventually adjusts to how much milk it needs to make. The feeling of engorgement goes away for most women after a while, and there is still plenty of milk in your breasts for baby. How old is your lo?

http://http://www.kellymom.com/bf/su...t-letdown.html

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

She is 2 weeks! So we are still pretty new at all of this. Thanks for the insight, I was hoping I still had plenty of milk in these bad boys!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babyling21009 View Post
    She is 2 weeks! So we are still pretty new at all of this. Thanks for the insight, I was hoping I still had plenty of milk in these bad boys!
    I'm sure you are fine! Good for you for giving it the go around again. I think in the long run you will be so happy that you did. Just remember to nurse your little girl as often as she would like. It's really important when they are this young because they are trying to tell your body how much milk she will need.

I promise it will get so much easier after the first 6 weeks or so. I've heard it really helps if you have oald to nurse your lo laying down. Here are some tips on how to do so.

Congratulations on your baby girl and welcome to the forums!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!