Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pumping

Default Re: pumping

has anyone used the single deluxe medela? (one that runs on batteries or electricity) how did you like it?

Wink Re: pumping

I use the Medula Original. It is awesome. My lo doesn't latch on properly so all I do is pump. I pump 10-15 minutes every 3-4 hours. I have so much supply that I may have to buy a new freezer just for milk. This pump is expensive but I was able to get my insurance to reinburse me. Give it a shot. Good luck

I would recommend pumping first thing in the morning. When I did work and pump daily, this is when I would get the most milk. (I would actually get more milk in this one pumping session than I would in my other 5 pumping sessions combined.) I use a Medela Pump In Style Advanced. My dd only nursed on one side per feeding, so I would pump on one side while she nursed on the other. If your lo nurses on both sides, just pump after you are finished nursing.

In my experience, a good pump and an early a.m. pumping session is what you need to get the most milk.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by KLW
    I found it best to pump after the final feeding of the night. I would pump until the breast was completely empty and I knew I had a longer stretch to build up afterwards as DD tended to go longer between feedings at night.

I agree. I nurse DS at 630 for the last time until 7am when he wakes, so I pump every night around 10pm. I get a nice sized bottle, and I go to bed nice and empty.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Since I currently use the avent on the go manual pump...

I was wondering if anybody else out there started out using one pump and didn't get much milk from it and then switched to another kind and got better results?? (for example used avent and then went to medela)

does anyone know if the medela harmony or single deluxe pumps have the breastshield that isn't all 1 piece where you can't buy smaller or bigger one if the one that comes with the pump isn't the right size.. (on my avent it 1 piece and if the shield isn't the right size can't do anything about it) How do I know if it is too small or big *the shield*?

If I'm understanding you correctly, then yes the harmony's breastshield comes off so, theoretically one of a different size could be put on.