Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping Stories

Default Re: Pumping Stories

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Spilling an entire bottle- 4 or 5 oz!- of freshly expressed milk all over my newly cleaned carpet, and then needing to supplement with formula because I ran out of milk later in the day.
    Whoever said there's no use crying over spilled milk never had this happen to them! I've done it too, but I really got ill with DH when he plopped down a gallon jug of cow's milk on top of a bag of BM I had just put in the fridge! Of course it busted the bag.
    Raising my children is the greatest career I can imagine. The pay is low, the hours are long, but the benefits and rewards are infinite!

so funny stories...

I have a lactation room at work, but as always someone has to have a key right.... well, I was pumping while someone needed to check the ventilation in the room and open the door wide open.... There I was pumping behind the desk luckly I always use a nursing cover, so that keep me sake .... but their faces were like "oh man... sorry" ... thank goodness thats was the lactation room

Bumping to see my post...

It is amazing what people will say or do when it comes to BF. I was pumping in my DD bedroom when my 2.5 year old nephew walked in. He asked what are you doing. I told him I was getting milk for Lilly. He then picked up the extra set of breast shields and held them to his nipples and said milk. He took them out into the living room to show everyone. We all got a good laugh. Now everytime he comes over or I go visit, if I have my pump and supplies he always goes in there when I am not looking and takes out the shields and lifts up his shirt and says "milk". Silly kids.
    Mommy to Lilliana Kristine
    Born Jan 31st 2009

Birth: 6lbs 6oz
    2 weeks 6lbs 6oz
    2 months 11lbs 12oz
    4 months 14lbs 8oz
    6 months 16lbs 7oz

too funny!!!!

My 21 mo old always tries to pump himself...if the shields are left in his reach, he will get them and place them on his just and make sounds like the pump too funny!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I am a law student and the school has given me free reign over what we call the "telephone room," which is a room with a telephone (surprise!) that students can schedule to use if they have to have a phone interview for a job. It saves us the difficulty of paying for the long distance and dealing with disruptive background noise at our home phones. Anyway, it's a room in the Career Office.

So about a week or two after I started at school again, I am sitting there with pumping in the telephone room, which I ALWAYS lock and somebody starts unlocking the door! Next thing I know, one of the career office administrators comes in the room! The worst part was that she was absolutely horrified. I don't think I would have cared as much if she hadn't been so distraught and apologized for it about 97 times. But because it was such a big deal to her, I think it made me feel more embarrassed.
    Mom to Jack 11/27/08 (Our Thanksgiving Baby!)

I was blessed with coworkers who just thought pumping was normal....

I worked in the Cascade Mountains most days. On those "field" days I would just lean up against a tree and pump. Some days were gloriously sunny and others wet and cold (35F). For my last pumping of the day at work, I would usually hike back to the work truck ahead of my crew and pump. Well, by the end of the season, the crew would jump in the truck whether I was done or not. I had my "big" pump in the truck so I would sit in back with the power cord over the seat and 3 guys in the truck with me. It was normal. I just wore old tshirts so it was easy to not be exposed.

On one of my field days, I was way up on a Cascade volcano climbing with a coworker. We stopped way above treeline to pump then I put glacier snow in my cooler for my BM.

On office days I had a ratty old office that the facility guy put a folding door on. I had a sign that said "dairy in operation". It got so that people would just ask if they could come in even though I they knew I was pumping. They didn't want to wait till I finished. So pumping became as normal as eating. I always shut the door but most folks could have cared less.

I have been blessed!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*wyeastmom1 View Post
    So pumping became as normal as eating. I always shut the door but most folks could have cared less.

I have been blessed!
    You are SO lucky!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png