Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Locker room/bathroom, no private, but 2 secs from desk

24 64.86%
  • Outside in the car

9 24.32%
  • forgot about pump, just pump at home and pray for your supply to last

0 0%
  • Or continue to Walk 10 min to the medical dept with a private room w/o a lock

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWYD? Places to Pump?!?!

Default WWYD? Places to Pump?!?!

I posted before about not having a "lactation" room and I have only been back for a week and a half and tired of walking so these are my options.
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: WWYD? Places to Pump?!?!

I would use the locker room, particularly if there are benches or somewhere one could sit besides a toilet. But then, I'm not shy about NIP, or PIP as the case may be. And in a locker room, everyone's seen breasts before, so I would set up normally (i.e. out in the open) and then put a cloth or something over my breastshields. I'm so sorry you're going through this, mama. You are a real trooper!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Funny you said that...I am getting more bolder as I keep doing this....so I did pump in the locker room and this is what happened
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I voted locker room. Not only will you be providing for you babe, you will be putting lactation/breastfeeding out there for people to see that it is normal. If you aren't having trouble letting down, I say go for it.

No matter where you choose to pump, if it is not fully private, you can always use a nursing cover for modesty (if you felt like you needed it).

Red face Re: WWYD? Places to Pump?!?!

i voted continue to walk 10 minutes.... , That's what I did for a year, until my son was 15 months old. It was a lactation room that I was walking to, at least that's where they wated us to pump, but it was also a supply closet with attached mini bathroom in the office of the facility manager for our company. so imaging a closet full of lightbulbs and electrical blueprints of the building, random desk parts, etc...

I walked from my desk up one flight of stairs, outside, down a set of stairs, across a parking lot, down a few more stairs, into the other building, through the breakroom, into this guys office (where he was usually flirting with some chick that works over there, and is half his age, and they are both married) into the closet, making sure to place the room in use sign on the door (sign is a bit much, it was a flie folder written on with a sharpie) and set up everything, pump, rinse my parts in the cold water (no hot in there?) pack everything up, leave and go all the way back to my building & my desk. I did this 3 times a day for months, then twice, and since December only once a day. now I never go, it's kinda sad but that's another post.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I voted for in the car, but I'd also do it in the lockerroom with a hooter hider over me in both cases.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I voted locker room - although I'm more a private person, so if it got too difficult to pump privately, I'd prob. pump in my car (if that was closer than the 10 minute walk to the other office). I feel for you! Three out of five days of my work week I don't have a real pump break and I have to hand express during my bathroom break in a bathroom stall.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

I think what is important is where YOU feel most comfortable and relaxed....so I didn't vote.

I have to switch up my work place when my "spot" gets taken. I normally use a private execs office that is only here part time. but on occassion I have had to DRIVE home (10 min drive) I refuse to use our bathroom - too small have to sit on toilet just not acceptable to me. My work understands and has never said a word about where/how/when I have to do my deed LOL
    Thank goodness and I am the FIRST in my company to be doing this!
    Sha Nay Nay
    MOOOO
    = working mom

I have to pump in a locker room at my job. There is no where for me to sit either that's close to an outlet. I just plop down on the floor, plug in and pump.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!