Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: conceiving while toddler nursing

Default conceiving while toddler nursing

Hello-
    My son is now 26 mos and still nursing frequently throughout the day. I night weaned at 22mos. I didn't get my period till the month after we night weaned. So I've had it 4 times now. We have been trying to get pregnant the last 2 months using the same fertility monitor we used with my son. So, I know its only been 2 mos, but what is your experience with this. I am definetly ovulating if I get my period and if the monitor detect the hormones surges, right? My son is such an avid nurser and not ready to wean. I know there is no crystal ball, but am I going to have to start weaning or cutting down in order to get pregnant or should the night weaning have been enough- since it brought back periods?

Default Re: conceiving while toddler nursing

I got PG with DD#2 while nursing DD#1, she was 14 mo and was still nursing on demand, especially at night. I was working full time but nursed her 3 times a day at least. I'm one of the lucky ones that never got a period and got PG. I was also stressed out about nursing and TTC but it worked.

Good Luck!!

I think the best way to know if you are ovulating is to chart using your basal body temperature. From what I have read those kits aren't always accurate and having your period does not mean that you are ovulating. I'm so jealous that yours came back so late, mine was back at 3 mths! My lo is 22 mths and we are also trying now. I get so worried about milk production for her if we do manage ot get pg. Wishing you the best of luck!

Aileen
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

I used FAM to conceive my 3rd child and my daughter was still nursing about 8-10 times a day, including through the night. I night weaned once I got pregnant though.

I got pregnant with dd while nursing ds also, and he was 15 months old at the time.
    Cloth Diapering & Family, SAHMomma to Joel (5/04) and & to Hannah (6/06) and devoted wife to Joel

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mercygift View Post
    I used FAM to conceive my 3rd child and my daughter was still nursing about 8-10 times a day, including through the night. I night weaned once I got pregnant though.

I got pregnant with dd while nursing ds also, and he was 15 months old at the time.
    FAM??
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png