Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I'm leaking?!

Default I'm leaking?!

Hello! I stopped bfing at 2 months (ds did fine for the first month, but per dr's orders needed supplementing and by the end of the second would just scream at me when I tried to nurse). I pumped for another 3 months but my supply just got lower and lower until it wasn't worth it anymore (only 2-3 ounces a day).

I haven't pumped since December 5th and now out of the blue I'm producing a little milk! I'm not leaking in general, but I notice in the shower when I clean my nipples, a little milk comes out. I don't know what to make of it!! I first noticed it when ds and I went on a trip and I thought it was because we were sleeping in the same bed again - the closeness was making my hormones surge? But it hasn't stopped.

I wonder if this is something to be worried about (time to call the doctor?) or should I get the pump out of the closet?? I think I'd be willing to try pumping again... any thoughts or experience with this?

thanks!!
    Mama to
    O - July 2008
    and
    J - June 2012

Default Re: I'm leaking?!

I don't think there's anything to be worried about- a lot of moms notice that they have milk months after weaning. If you want to start pumping again, there's no reason to think that you couldn't relactate.