Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maybe Never?

Default Re: Maybe Never?

It's not that I don't love it. But we talked about it and we had planned to start ending things at her birthday. She was starting to only ask to nurse when she was in trouble or when she wanted to distract me from what was going on. So, to her it was less about comfort than it was about distraction, it seemed.

And I guess in a way I was starting to wonder if I was really doing it as an easy way to handle everything and that if I didn;t start to develop other parenting techniques I was still going to be scratching my head and saying "hmmm, you want boob?" when she came from the 8th grade dance with a broken heart. It's just weird... I keep feeling like maybe we're done and then a week like this last one comes up and I realize that it might be a long time... I don't know. I am ready, I think. She's ready, I think. But I don't know how I am ever going to say it's over.... so much of it is wrapped up in my wondering if I will ever have another baby and I want one so badly... but that's not a good reason to keep her a baby forever. I don't know....
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mollyb View Post
    The pics are so incredibly sweet.

I'm right there with you...DD1 had an inexplicable fever last week and we were both so glad for nursing.
    Dittoooo DD hasnt aten any solides in the last 2 days but nursedddddddddddddd like crazy shes only 1 soo im thankful she isnt like 100% interested in solids yet lol

Darlinggggggggggggggggg pictures though!!!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

Very...very sweet Ms. Kelly Ann --thank you for sharing!

Follow your heart Mama..you'll just know!

"Children reinvent your world for you." Susan Sarandon

We stopped with bf on December 1st, my LO was 3 years and 10 months old. She had talked about stopping for her birthday, but fell in love with a My Little Pony lol! Afraid I used that to encourage her a bit...
    She's been doing SUPER well. Actually I think she's MORE cuddly, she falls asleep easier, she's more cuddly around her dad. I don't feel like I'm just being 'used' for the boob so to speak. She actually didn't ask to nurse when she was recently sick. Sometimes she does want to cuddle with them though...

I must say it shocked the heck outta me! I thought she'd be nursing until college...

I totally know what you're saying about being cuddly, she is different, affectionate in a way.

Hunter S. Thompson

KA, just curious... how often does your DD nurse? Just wondering how you can go so long without nursing, yet still make enough milk to nurse her through a week of illness? Enlighten me please.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I don't know. To be totally honest... she nurses now only once a week or so, maybe even less. And not for very long. I can squeeze out milk now, any time. And I don't imagine she actually gets very much anyway. But by the end of the week, I could tell the difference, certainly not feeling any kind of let down, but I could tell there was more there. Honestly, I don't think she was getting much in the way of calories, but it made ME feel better that she was "eating" something, however minute. I'm not much help, huh?

Hunter S. Thompson

Not answering for KA, but my son has been weaned a couple of months, and I still have milk (especially in the shower). Last night he mentioned nursing, and though I was surprised, I offered, and he just looked at my breast and cracked up. He didn't nurse, but I could feel the milk begin to let down.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann View Post
    I don't know. To be totally honest... she nurses now only once a week or so, maybe even less. And not for very long. I can squeeze out milk now, any time. And I don't imagine she actually gets very much anyway. But by the end of the week, I could tell the difference, certainly not feeling any kind of let down, but I could tell there was more there. Honestly, I don't think she was getting much in the way of calories, but it made ME feel better that she was "eating" something, however minute. I'm not much help, huh?
    Thanks, that's ok... I know after nursing for so long, the body doesn't just up and quit making milk suddenly... it makes sense what you said, and you pretty much answered it when you said once a week or so, maybe less... I personally think it's awesome that despite nursing rather infrequently, your body can step it up when Em is sick and get her through it. I was uber thankful this past weekend we were still nursing when my DD was sick.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.