Default Re: Maybe Never?

Aw !

Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Its been so long since I've seen pictures of either of you! She is the spitting image of her mama--stunning!

I have a stomach bug today, and the kids and I laid down for a nap. When we woke up, I couldn't get out of bed for fear of losing my stomach contents, so both of them were happy to nurse. Haylee looked up and said, "There isn't any milk." I told her that it was because I was sick and couldn't make any more. She replied, "I can help you make more. I'm a good pumper, Mom."

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

poor baby girl, glad she is feeling better. And I love that is your mini me!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

I that first pic. She does look like a baby
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann View Post
    I am pleased to report that she is healthy as an ox as of today. And I have created a monster in the last week. Today I got out of the shower and just like she used to she hightailed it in to the bathroom. "BOOOOOB!!!"

I said "Dude, you're not sick anymore, back off, Jack!" So, she grimaced and says "I'm so sick.... so, so, sick..." and began to cackle.

And I love the 2nd picture. You look so wholesome. So no hooker in that picture at all. So all Mama. If you had on a Old school Guinea Sax Dress you could be Laura Ingalls in that picture.

I was just thinking about you and how you flaked on writing me that weaning story. That I feel like I need. I am running short on inspiring stories of what to expect since Awnja never logged back in after the upgrade.
    And now this. I have ambivilence. I am pleased almost to tears to see the two of you doing it. And yet, if you can't stop, can't bare it, are willing to start up after not really doing it for months, how will I ever quit????

Way too lazy for formula

That's just it, it's not that I can't... but I no longer feel the need to make it a "This is the last time" end all to be all moment. We're changing. She climbed in bed this morning and was all about some boob and I said, "Nope. Remember, last week you were sick and you needed milk, and my body made some because we were all snuggled up all week. Now, you're all better, and yuo don't need it, baby."

She was not thrilled but she understood me. So, now we're back to "holding the boobs" again. And I can stomach that for now. It will all be over soon enough. And then I'll miss it.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

KA that's a nice balance mama. There when she needs it.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann View Post
    That's just it, it's not that I can't... but I no longer feel the need to make it a "This is the last time" end all to be all moment. We're changing. She climbed in bed this morning and was all about some boob and I said, "Nope. Remember, last week you were sick and you needed milk, and my body made some because we were all snuggled up all week. Now, you're all better, and yuo don't need it, baby."

She was not thrilled but she understood me. So, now we're back to "holding the boobs" again. And I can stomach that for now. It will all be over soon enough. And then I'll miss it.
    I guess we've lost contact enough for me to have missed this--but when did you come to not love nursing?

Shelly--I'm in the same boat as you--I can't bring myself to fullon wean but I'm ready for her to be done on her own. And I would love for it to drop back to twice a day, but it seems when we get there it starts all over with her wanting to nurse all the dang time. sigh.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes