Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High fat/protein on-the-go food??

Default Re: High fat/protein on-the-go food??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    making your own hummas isn't hard.
    Yeah, you can definitely make it without the sesame paste! Here's a recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 16 oz can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    about 1/4 cup of olive oil (you have to use a fairly large amount since you're not using the oily sesame paste, but since you want your LO to eat more fat I guess that's a good thing!)
    1 small clove garlic
    salt, pepper, and cumin powder to taste
    water

Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, adding water until you achieve the desired texture. (Can you believe they charge $4 a container for something that easy? )
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Yeah, you can definitely make it without the sesame paste! Here's a recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 16 oz can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    about 1/4 cup of olive oil (you have to use a fairly large amount since you're not using the oily sesame paste, but since you want your LO to eat more fat I guess that's a good thing!)
    1 small clove garlic
    salt, pepper, and cumin powder to taste
    water

Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth, adding water until you achieve the desired texture. (Can you believe they charge $4 a container for something that easy? )
    If you want to go non-traditional you can also experiment with different spices (I like smoked paprika) and things like roasted red peppers or olives.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Are you doing nuts/seeds yet? DS loves having a little cup of sunflower seeds, and he hardly ever spills them.

Recently, I started making giving him homemade tofu jerky, and he loves it! I made it in strips in the dehydrator (thin slices of tofu, lightly spiced, dehydrated at 140F until chewy), but I imagine that it could be made in an oven as well. It's high-protein, tasty (I love it, too!), and as non-messy as possible for a toddler. I actually let him walk around with it, one piece at a time.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png