Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: *Scheduling* BF at work - advice please

Default *Scheduling* BF at work - advice please

I'm going back to work in a week - both me and LO will be in daycare. I am allowed 3 20 minute breaks from 8:15 AM - 5:30 PM. As of right now she's almost 4 months and we have some really long day sessions.

She won't take a bottle yet.

I'm trying to decide how to take BF breaks on the first day. Should I BF the first time she gets hungry - or should I let the teacher try and give a bottle?

Over time she might recognize that I come in on a schedule - and will adjust to that. Hopefully. I don't like scheduling at all but unfortunately I have no choice but to work with one person who relieves several BF moms for breaks.

Thoughts ?
    Nursed for 18 months

Default Re: *Scheduling* BF at work - advice please

!! Has she taken a bottle at all before? If not I would try to get your support person ie: husband, mom or friend to work with her and give her a bottle....that way it wont come as a shock to her when the teacher tries! As for the firsy day maybe you should assess how busy you will be when you get there and then call the teacher to see if she's hungry. If you're not busy just go nurse, if you are then have her give the bottle and nurse her later! Hope that helps! laura
    Mothers ought to bring up and nurse their own children; for they bring them up with greater affection and with greater anxiety, as loving them from their heart, and so to speak, every inch of them ~Plutarch

I am all the time and while at work!

I am loving and plan on doing it for as long as he needs to!

We are and happy with it....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*southernbelle View Post
    !! Has she taken a bottle at all before? If not I would try to get your support person ie: husband, mom or friend to work with her and give her a bottle....that way it wont come as a shock to her when the teacher tries! As for the firsy day maybe you should assess how busy you will be when you get there and then call the teacher to see if she's hungry. If you're not busy just go nurse, if you are then have her give the bottle and nurse her later! Hope that helps! laura
    She took a bottle from day 2 till 2 months. After that I didn't need to give her a bottle so I didn't. Now we're stuck

Right now I'm giving her the bottle 1-2 x day, usually in a playful atmosphere (ie pairing bottle with Gloworm or exploring with the mouth time). If she's actually hungry she's MAD. Dad isn't good with giving the bottle. he gets frustrated and that makes her moreso.

The real question is what am I going to do for training tomorrow?? There is no daycare obv. on a Saturday, and I can't ask anyone to babysit for a baby who ONLY takes the breast. I plan to just bring her with me and step out when she fusses! Hopefully i still get the job.

I don't know if she'll end up taking the bottle
    We use Bornfree bottles - same ones she used the first 2 months. I don't think I need to try a different nipple since she HAS taken it before.

Thanks for the reply
    Nursed for 18 months

I went through the same thimg with my DS. But we just battled it out and he finally realized that he had to eat or he would just be hungry! My Mom is close so she really helped out with that. Is there any one close that wouldn't mind babysitting with the anticipation that it would be a rough day?
    Mothers ought to bring up and nurse their own children; for they bring them up with greater affection and with greater anxiety, as loving them from their heart, and so to speak, every inch of them ~Plutarch

I am all the time and while at work!

I am loving and plan on doing it for as long as he needs to!

We are and happy with it....