Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Becoming embarrassing and annoying

Default Re: Becoming embarrassing and annoying

Okay, I have an appt. for a physical Wed. at 10:15. Now to call DD's ped about her bloodwork.

ETA: Done and done! That feels good to have it done. I'm something of a telephone-phobe, so I hate making phone calls. Now, 2 more to make regarding the house we may be buying.
    Last edited by @llli*mama.p; February 19th, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    Okay, I have an appt. for a physical Wed. at 10:15. Now to call DD's ped about her bloodwork.

ETA: Done and done! That feels good to have it done. I'm something of a telephone-phobe, so I hate making phone calls. Now, 2 more to make regarding the house we may be buying.

I just wanted to say that not only do you deserve it, your DD does too. I know she can sense when you are feeling down or resentful. They all can.

good for you for taking some steps in the direction of taking care of yourself!

How's the nursing going?
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

DD's been up for an hour and has already nursed twice, as usual. Though she did get some food out this morning (she usually doesn't want breakfast - but she had a leftover hot dog and chicken nuggets from having fastfood for lunch yesterday ) so I'm letting her chow on that while I go nuts over whether to buy this house. I'm feeling a lot better today, but I definitely think my hormones must be out of whack, because it's starting to bother me when I ovulate the last few cycles. Hopefully I can get some answers soon with the Dr. appt coming up. Thanks everyone for the hugs and kind words. It really means so much to know that there are kind, caring people out there rooting for me (and hopefully not thinking I'm TOOO crazy! )

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mama.p View Post
    Done and done!
    I'll cross it off my list. That way it's like I did something, even though I didn't.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I didn't nurse my older DDs past a year (but I am hoping to with this one), but I can relate about feeling touched out. This summer we sold our house and bought a new one in the middle of my pg and in the middle had a (minor) surgery for K and it was right after morning sickness FINALLY subsided. Everyone was needy, including DH who hates change. From that point on, I felt touched out a lot. I bet hormones are playing a role in part of this for you, as they did in my case. (I was just telling DH the other day how I don't feel touched out at all since Evie was born - it was like a light switch).

Also, moving is so hard for LOs. K's imaginary friend Fuffy died when we moved... I imagine that your DD will want to continue nursing quite a lot for a while after you move.

I hope your visits go well and everyone is healthy.

OH.MY.GOSH. I just realized it's been days since DD has used her pacifier. Maybe in self-weaning from it she's been nursing more and I just hadn't been paying attention? I mean, it's not like I count anymore, KWIM? Well, either way, at least it got me to finally make my Dr. appt. Since I'd like to start TTC in a few months, it would be good to get a physical done first.

Hi, I think you've been doing a great job meeting your child's needs, and am pleased to hear you are starting to meet your's too :-) I think if you need to change your LO's feeding pattern, you need to give yourself the permission to do so, it could be this or you could end up so worn out one day that you just say "no, no more ever" when a more gentle weaning would be easier on both of you. I never thought I'd get my DS to cut down, but in the end when I made the decision, it all worked out easier than I thought it would.

Good luck :-)

Hello-
    I think you should for sure check everything out with your hormones but I don't think anything necessarily has to be wrong with you for you to feel so stressed and overwhelmed and frustrated. All of that can wear out a tired mommy and make u feel blue. You are such a great mommy to give your daughter what you feel she needs. I'm not gonna be the one to tell you "you need to wean because if mommy isn't happy with nursing then its time". I too make the same sacrifices you do. My son is 26mos and nurses JUST as much. I night weaned him in Oct and he is FINALLY sleeping through the night. That helped so much. My period returned after that too and I noticed that my moods are way more affected now. Of course they are, hormones are all over with any woman's cycle and then a constantly nursing woman......I feel exactly the way you do. I want the stress of a nursing toddler to end but I really am unsure about wanting the nursing relationship to end. THere are some good things about it- like the health benefits and the ability to end a tantrum so easily or get him to sleep. He still nurses to sleep when I am home. I think the advice to get out more is good. I do work part time so I have a few hours without being clawed at 3 or 4 times a week. That helps alot. I'm here for you for support. I know its hard to find someone in the same exact situation. Especially with the inability to distract your kid. Everyone says, "Oh they'll get over it" but my son WILL NOT STOP till he gets BOO. You feel like none of your friends understand. You are doing a great job and are such a loving and strong mom to get this far. PLease email me if you need anything!

First of all, I think its a good thing you are getting your hormone levels checked. Bioidentical progesterone has helped me tremendously.

Secondly, you probably do have to listen to some tantrums to get her to slow down. And it really is okay. Its no different, imo, than denying her something else you don't want her to have (playing in the toilet, eating too much chocolate, etc etc). She will throw her tantrum and be over it, really. Haylee is very persistent, but it only took a couple days. Had I started earlier with her, it would have been easier, and what that means is to stick with it if you want to slow it down, kwim?

Does she understand a lot? Does she have a good grasp of vocabulary? Because if she does, you can also make sure to tell her that you only nurse iin certain circumstances--like in the bedroom, or in a specific chair or something--which will help alleviate some of the out and about nursings.

I gotta run, but will be back later, k?

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes