Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question

Default Question

Hey Ladies! I have a quick question for you all! I am sure every one has asked this before and I have read other posts relating to this but I feel my situation is a little different so here goes....I was able to stay home with DS for 12 weeks and exclusively BF. I also pumped after most feedings to obtain a freezer stash for when I went back to work. Now I am back at work and pumping 3 days a week while I am there for 12 hours a day (I am a nurse in a NICU). Most days I get 12-14 ozs while I am there..Is that ok? Also I have never really felt a let down sensation but since I've been back to work (and being around all those babies) I have a tingling sensation in my nipples either right before I need to pump or why certain babies cry! Is that a let down? I know some women experience pain when their milk lets down but I never have so far. I just want to know what I am feeling and if my output is adequate for a WOHM. P.S. I let DS nurse whenever and "almost" wherever he wants when we are together...and I never work more than 2 days in a row. I have the Medela PIS...TIA, Laura
    Mothers ought to bring up and nurse their own children; for they bring them up with greater affection and with greater anxiety, as loving them from their heart, and so to speak, every inch of them ~Plutarch

I am all the time and while at work!

I am loving and plan on doing it for as long as he needs to!

We are and happy with it....

Default Re: Question

That sounds like awesome output from the pumping! My milk supply is great now but I can rarely get more then 3oz a day from the pump.

I never feel my let down, except like you described. Once in awhile I feel an odd tingling in my nipples and from her gulping know that i'm having a letdown.
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and