Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Toddler/Preschooler Check-In

Default Re: Toddler/Preschooler Check-In

Child's Age: 13 (almost 14) mos

Approx. height/weight: 25 lbs., not sure about height - 31"ish?
    Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? Going STRONG lately.

Sleeping and napping patterns: Getting premolars so waking up to five times a night lately. Before that, sleeping 8-10 hours in a row and 1 or 2 naps up to 3 hours total.

Teeth: only six so far

Talking yet? a little bit - "hi" and "kitty" and something else I can't identify yet
    Favorite food: rice pasta, avocado and banana

Favorite toy: books

Favorite activity: reading books or laughing at DH's antics

Anything else special to share? She can point to her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, belly and toes!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Child's Age: 16MO
    Approx. height/weight: It's been so long since last checkup, I'd say she's probably 20-21lb now. Not even going to guess height.
    Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? Weaning, down to early morning only (and an all-nighter last night due to her being sick)
    Sleeping and napping patterns: Sleeps about 13 hours at night and an hour and a half nap during the day
    Teeth: Didn't get teeth until 11.5MO and now she's been doing nothing but teething since. I think she has 11 or so now
    Talking yet? Oh, yeah all day long and only she understands herself Really, though she knows a ton of words and babbles all the time.
    Favorite food: cheese, milk, bagels (which is really any toast)
    Favorite toy: babies and books
    Favorite activity: reading with mommy, going outside (even though she won't touch anything outside!)
    Anything else special to share? She's becoming a total daddy's girl

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

hild's Age: 18mos

Approx. height/weight: 23 lbs and not sure how tall.
    Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? Nurses 2X most nights.

Sleeping and napping patterns: naps 1.5-2 hours per day. Wakes 1-2x per night.

Teeth: top I-teeth coming in as I type, hoping for a breather before the 2yr molars.

Talking yet? yes and never stops. using 2 word sentences and lots of signs
    Favorite food: yogurt

Favorite toy: puzzles and toy phone

Favorite activity: playing outside and reading books

Anything else special to share? She's just the funniest and most loving kid.
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Child's Age: 13 mos (will be 14 mos in a week!)

Approx. height/weight: ~30 in and 24 lbs @ 12 mo WBV

Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? going strong. ranges anywhere from 5-8 x a day
    Sleeping and napping patterns: sleeps about 10 hours at night, waking up a few times to nurse. takes one 1 hr nap in the afternoon

Teeth: has 7; 4 on top, 3 on bottom. we're working on those molars and they are just awful.

Talking yet? mostly babbles but he will say a new word plain as day one time and then that's it! he said "i did!" a few days ago.

Favorite food: green beans, zucchini, blueberries, chicken

Favorite toy: rocking horse, push toys

Favorite activity: exploring the vaccum cleaner, taking walks

Anything else special to share? DS is a total flirt!! we can't go anywhere without him batting his eyelashes and having girls come up and coo over him.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

Child's Age: almost 26 months
    Approx. height/weight:approx. 35-36 inches and 27-28 lbs
    Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong?1-3 times per day
    Sleeping and napping patterns:1.5 - 2.5 hour nap and nighttime he sleeps for awhile in his "big boy" bed and then wanders into us at some point
    Teeth:All with the exception of 2-3 molars, I won't stick my fingars that far in...too scared they might not come back!
    Talking yet?very well! We are onto sentances. Favorite lines: What's that and Hey (name) whatcha doing?
    Favorite food:Meatballs! Waffles, Oranges
    Favorite toy:All tools and Sports items
    Favorite activity:Fixing things and playing baseball and recently riding a bike or scooter
    Anything else special to share?Every day has it's challenges but they are not in vain. I am blessed to actually see this amazing little boy growing and learning every day from our challenges and our triumphs! Oh and we go peepee on the potty at least once a day now without being asked!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Child's Age: 26 months
    Approx. height/weight: 37 inches? 28 lbs?
    Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? Weaned
    Sleeping and napping patterns: Naps 2 hours, but can skip naps. Sleeps through the night, but is up for the day at 4-5 AM.
    Teeth: All of them. I think he'll be working on his wisdom teeth soon
    Talking yet? Heck yes. The other day DH got the mail and Daniel said "Got bills Daddy?" Last night when we read a book he said "THAT is a bear" and "THOSE are black birds" I thought that was neat, how he knows when to use that and those.
    Favorite food: Ice cream
    Favorite toy: Cars....cars.....and more cars.
    Favorite activity: Playing outside. Or playing in the play area @ "Old MacDonalds" DH takes him there to play because its right next to my therapy office. He doesn't realize they serve ice cream there yet.
    Anything else special to share? He adores his baby sister.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Child's Age:20 months

Approx. height/weight: 34 inches/23 pounds

Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? night weaned, nurses pretty much on demand during the day. (about 4 times)

Sleeping and napping patterns: naps about 2 hours per day, wakes 1-2x during the night (but sleeps about 11 hours total at night)

Teeth:12 teeth

Talking yet? yes, she is starting to string words together into sentences 2 word sentences!

Favorite food: noodles and carrots

Favorite toy: books, books, books, all day long

Favorite activity: reading, playing with shaving cream (sensory experience)

Anything else special to share? Right now I'm worried that I should wean b/c I'm having problems with my pregnancy
    Last edited by @llli*mimismama; February 18th, 2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: forgot to include something
    SAHM to Mary who has been since she was born on 06-08-2007.

Married to Jim since 07-30-2005

Child's Age: 3.5 years

Approx. height/weight: 40+ inches, 32 pounds (tall and skinny!)

Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? She nurses only at story time before bed now unless she's sick or something. She can really gulp it down, though! (Funny how I planned to wean her at 1 year when she was a baby ) We're in negotiations about weaning before she starts pre-school next fall.

Sleeping and napping patterns: She sleeps about 10-11 hours at night (8:30-7:30) and usually takes a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon, but not always. I nightweaned her (from her last early morning session) when she was about 22 months old.

Teeth: Oh, yes, a mouth full.

Talking yet? She has been talking in complete sentences since she was about 18 months old!

Favorite food: Breastmilk (really) Other than that, she loves all kinds of fruit.

Favorite toy: Her princess dress-up gown

Favorite activity: Dancing to princess music in said gown, going to ballet class

Anything else special to share? She is full of imagination and creativity. I think it's hilarious that she loves pink and all things "girly" because I was never much of a "girly girl" and used to hate pink as a kid. She has evolved from a challenging baby and toddler (we used to call her a diva) to the sweetest, most loving little girl. She also recently learned how to write her own name.

ETA: I love reading about all your LOs! Great thread.
    Last edited by @llli*mollyb; February 18th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

DS2
    Child's Age: 35 months
    Approx. height/weight: 41 lbs. / not sure of his height last check-up he was off the charts in height
    Are you weaned, weaning, or going strong? Weaned for 1 month
    Sleeping and napping patterns: STTN, naps for about 1.5 hours at daycare
    Teeth: All but his 5 year molars
    Talking yet? Constantly, more and more new words every day.
    Favorite food: milk cereal (cereal in a bowl with milk)
    Favorite toy: Cars and superhereos
    Favorite activity: playing outside
    Anything else special to share? In the midst of potty training.

Molly your DD1 is beautiful.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Molly your DD1 is beautiful.
    Thank you! That pic is actually a few months old.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on