Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: lots of milk...does it ever adjust...

Default lots of milk...does it ever adjust...

this is my 2nd BF baby and I didnt have this prob with my first...HE is 6 weeks old!

I only bf from one breast per feeding..and he sounds like he is gulping/gagging the WHOLE time..from what I understand of OALD it happens in beginning..but not the whole session...

the few times I have pumped (just if I miss the two feeds - doesnt happen often) I notice I have like 3+ sprays and I get 5 oz from both in like ten min!!...I feel so bad, I am guessing that is like my lo is drinking out of a 3 nipple on a bottle.

he is usually done feeding from the one breast in less than 10 min..and now I see why...

he is also VERY GASSY...i don't think he is REALLY bothered by it..just a lot of grunting and we help him by lifting his legs

and he makes clicking noises that is not fixed when we relatch...is this causing the gas?

will my breasts eventually slow down for him???..I feel so bad, it exhausting for him just to eat!!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

Default Re: lots of milk...does it ever adjust...

The clicking and the gas can be caused by the OALD.

I think with some of the tips in the link above you can manage it until your milk regulates...Good luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I definately have this problem, I found nursing laying down in the side position quite helpful...
    Does anyone else get a letdown BEFORE baby nurses?? It happens to me quite alot! Anyone know why?

Forgot to say that DS is almost 19wks old now....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*boobiemama View Post
    I definately have this problem, I found nursing laying down in the side position quite helpful...
    Does anyone else get a letdown BEFORE baby nurses?? It happens to me quite alot! Anyone know why?

I have several let-downs between feedings, I have been to an LC and everything and I just cant get it all to even out.