Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated and looking for some help

Default Re: Frustrated and looking for some help

MAMA you GO!!! Pumping at your desk...wow that's bold.... Keep us updated... I will def. keep you in my prayers
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Way to go women.... I admire your boldyness... keep it up you know you are providing the best for your child.

Good for you mama! I would let HR or whomever know that you will either pump at your desk or in a room provided. If they provide you with a room, I would post a sign on the outside of the door that says: "This room is occupied by a mother pumping breastmilk. I will be finished in 15 minutes at _______. If you need this room, you are welcome to join me in the room. Thanks!" I bet you won't get interupted! And I bet they will be willing to wait to use the room.

I teach and I pump in my room. I have a door to the outside that the students use and a door to the inside that teachers use. I have been walked in on so many times from teachers and admin who have a key and just use it as they please without knocking first. I eventually put a sign on my door that said, "There is a VERY good reason that this door is locked. IF you need in here, please knock and WAIT for a reply! THank you!" It got the point across and even got a few laughs!!

ETA: How did it go today?

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof3 View Post
    Well I got the response I wanted, they couldn't believe it!!! They have provided a room (even though it does not lock) but yesterday I was interupted with people needing the room for a meeting. I left and then told the person who stated the room was available and got no where. Last night I contacted some attorney's, but most are scared to deal with it because it is a large company. But they do say I have a case. I will continue to fight and if needed I will go to the news. Employment discrimination is what they are calling it. I'm too determined to provide the very best to my child and will not be walked on.
    Good for you, mama! We're rooting for you...

How was today?
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Wow. This is really inspiring as I am to return to work May 1st for a larger corp.

I am very worried that I will be met with bad attitudes, criticism, and possibly even being told I can't take my breaks when needed. ( I work as a makeup artist in retail...)

I have been in touch with my manager and she told me I would be provided a room, but I am still worried they won't take my pumping seriously because though I work with all females, none breastfed.

Wish me luck and I hope the same for you!
    Courtney
    Ever 06.26.02
    Lyric 12.26.08 (Holy sheep! Nursing at 30 months and counting!)

Breastmilk is better than any udder milk! ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*courtnidge View Post
    Wow. This is really inspiring as I am to return to work May 1st for a larger corp.

I am very worried that I will be met with bad attitudes, criticism, and possibly even being told I can't take my breaks when needed. ( I work as a makeup artist in retail...)

I have been in touch with my manager and she told me I would be provided a room, but I am still worried they won't take my pumping seriously because though I work with all females, none breastfed.

Wish me luck and I hope the same for you!
    !!

, mama! Let us know how things are going.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png