Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: fever 102.4 chills can i breastfeed??

Default fever 102.4 chills can i breastfeed??

ow days ago i started with cold-flu symptoms,and last night , fever 102. chills I have chest congestion and runny nose..Can I still breastfeed my 6 week old baby...
    Is reallly hard Last night I felt horrible with muscle aches and I was breastfeeding,,,
    Please tell me what to do,,I tried to pump but 'm low in milk supply I only got 1.5oz from 0ne breast and 3 from the other. I really want my lo to be breastfeed. is it posible with fever and chills..
    please anyone respond..

Default Re: fever 102.4 chills can i breastfeed??

oh yea best thing you can do is breastfeed.

ARe you having pain in your breast?

You absolutely can and should breastfeed when you're sick. Not only will the antibodies in your milk help keep your baby healthy, but you will be at less risk for plugged ducts and mastitis that would just make you feel worse.

Andrea asked a really good question: are you having pain in your breast(s)? If you are, you could be experiencing mastitis, in which case you need to keep nursing as often as possible and see your doctor for some antibiotics.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

with pp-keep nursing! You are actually helping to protect LO from the bug you have! Also I want to assure you that the amount you pumped is by no means low supply! Pumping output has little cooralation to supply as baby is a much more effective way to remove milk. at 6 weeks often times your supply regulates itself and you feel less full. sometimes women think it's a decrease in supply, but rather it's your body working correctly. i wouldn't worry unless you have other symptoms
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

thank you for your responses.. I don't have pain in my breast (No mastitis) I'm struggling with trush but my fever is due to the cold. thanks I'm breastfeeding is hard when I feel this sick..

The pp are right. Keep on breastfeeding! Try to remember to get lots of fluids and take advantage of any help you have around the house or other baby needs. Hang in there & get well soon!
    Renee
    LLL Leader