Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Have been using Reglan - missed one day of pills and now supply is really down...

Default Have been using Reglan - missed one day of pills and now supply is really down...

Hello,

I have struggled with milk supply issues, since my LO has been about 8 weeks old. She is going to be 9 months this month! Needless to say, I have been breastfeeding, but needed to use Reglan to get my milk supply up enough for her. I was away from my pills for 1 day. I take 4 a day, and was not able to pump, and now my supply has gone way down. So low that we are burning through freezer stash and I don't know what else I can do. I am already mixing her bottles with 1/2 formula and 1/2 EBM. I didn't think that one day would do so much damage. I think i should be on my cycle soon, so hoping that maybe that has something to do with it...

Has anyone been in this same boat? Any advice from other momma's that have had to use medications?

TIA!!

I can't get out of my head that 'pregnancy is a cause for your milk supply to drop'. I don't really keep track of my cycles anyways, but i thought i should be on mine about now?! yikes! not that i wouldn't be happy, but would not want one just quite yet!! aaaahhh! now i may have to run to the store on my way home from work. geesh! i have had problems since i skipped that one day though, so i think that is it.
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Default Re: Have been using Reglan - missed one day of pills and now supply is really down...

I'm not on Reglan (i'm on Domperidone) so I don't know how much help i'll be but I know if I even miss one pill, let alone a whole day then my supply drops. I don't know how you wean off Reglan but I know with the Domperidone its one pill a WEEK so obviously a whole day would make a huge difference

How long has it been since that one day occurred? Hopefully if it wasn't long ago, you just need to give your body back to adjust and up your supply again And if your pregnant then congrats!
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

Default Re: Have been using Reglan - missed one day of pills and now supply is really down...

The one day that I went without was Saturday. I thought my supply would have adjusted by now, though. yikes. I'll keep taking them and see if I can't get it to bounce back. I just hope this doesn't mean the end of our breastfeeding days is near.

Thank you for your input! If anyone else has experienced this, please let me know!

Thank you again!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Hi, there!

I betcha if we move this to the "Increasing Your Milk" forum, you'll get some more responses and ideas.
    Carla
    LLL Leader