Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: does oatmeal really help?

Wink does oatmeal really help?

so i have this question for all you wonderful moms. does oatmeal really help boost milk supply? does anyone know of something that has helped them boost up their milk supply? if so please let me know. thanks a bunch.

Default Re: does oatmeal really help?

Well I know some women swear by it! I started with Fenugreek, then added Blessed Thistle, then added oatmeal, then Mothers Milk Tea, and now Domperidone! I did notice before the Domperidone that the oatmeal seemed to boost my supply a bit. Now its hard to tell since i`m on everything at once.
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

I had a very good experience with Fenugreek recently. I've also got some MoreMilkPlus on order, I've heard so many women rave about it. Lots of people I know use domperidone and have excellent results, it is a prescription medicine.

Kellymom has great info on herbs+drugs. Make sure you look up the right dosage.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/oatmeal.html
    http://www.kellymom.com/herbal/milks...actagogue.html
    http://www.motherlove.com/products_extracts.php
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

Oatmeal works great for me. I've never taken any herbals or meds. I notice a pretty big difference in my supply just eating it daily.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Oats work but you have to eat it all the time, like every morning, in bars, afternoon.... It worked for me but I got so tired of item oats that I could not have it any more

I was using fenugreek, which helped a lot, but adding a warm bowl of oatmeal in the morning gave me another boost. I don't know if it was the oatmeal or taking a few minutes to have a warm breakfast, but either way...
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I tried oatmeal once but I didn't see a difference, so I stopped using it WHAT REALLY REALLY HELPED WAS A KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUT. I ATE one one day and I had so much milk that day! Then it became my guilty pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy.love View Post
    I tried oatmeal once but I didn't see a difference, so I stopped using it WHAT REALLY REALLY HELPED WAS A KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUT. I ATE one one day and I had so much milk that day! Then it became my guilty pleasure

I'd ask if you're serious but I had a similar experience. I find when I allow myself one or two Dove dark chocolates a day I have better output. Maybe there's something to it and maybe it's just the psychology of treating yourself that relaxes you. Either way what a wonderful "excuse" to indulge a little!
    Raising my children is the greatest career I can imagine. The pay is low, the hours are long, but the benefits and rewards are infinite!

No kidding...I had no idea about the oatmeal...or dove chocolates!