Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It took us 7 months but I think we are all done.

Default It took us 7 months but I think we are all done.

Ds2 has not nursed in 2 weeks.

ds2 started occassionally going to sleep without nursing in July. I eliminated his all night nursings after that point by trying to cuddle with him and let him go back to sleep until about 3 in the morning. Then I moved this later and later until he wasn't nursing during sleeping time except for the bedtime nursing. I then started distracting with games, books or offering a snack or drink when he would ask to nurse before lunchtime. Then we moved on to no nursing until after our afternoon snack, then after supper. He had been only nursing to sleep for a couple of months. We left our house due to the icestorm and no power and went to stay with family who also had no electric (but gas heat). He never asked to nurse while we were there. We went to stay with a different family member this weekend and I thought he might ask there since he has nursed around them within the last few months. He never asked and went straight to sleep after his story. We are finally home and he is still going to sleep after being read a book.

It took us 7 months but I think we are all done. Ds will be 3 in April so he has told me I need to go to the store and buy new meemees but he hasn't tried to nurse
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Default Re: It took us 7 months but I think we are all done.

I was SOO confused. I was like "Her baby is only seven months old???"
    But AH! That sounds nice and gradual and for the perfect amount of time! It's all any of us can hope for when weaning. Congratulations!!

Way too lazy for formula

Congratulations, Kim. It sounds like a wonderful, gentle (for both of you), gradual weaning. You are an awesome mama!

BTW, where is there a store to get new meemees? Cause I'd like some that are a bit more pert if they're available...
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Congratulations, Kim. It sounds like a wonderful, gentle (for both of you), gradual weaning. You are an awesome mama!

BTW, where is there a store to get new meemees? Cause I'd like some that are a bit more pert if they're available...
    If it were only as easy as going to the local supercenter and picking out a new "style"
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.