Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Needing to get help-being away from baby for more than 8 hrs

Default Needing to get help-being away from baby for more than 8 hrs

Hi. I am planning to take a CPR course that is 16 hrs long, one day for 9 hrs. My baby is almost 5 months old ( one more week) and I plan to pump for bottles, but don't know how much breast milk to put in the bottles as I normally fed from the breast. Any suggestions?? I know formula fed babies get 7-8 ounces per feeding, but I have not a clue how much breast milk to put in the bottles. Also, I am worried it will effect my milk supply if I am not able to pump during this event... should I be worried? Thanks for any suggestions.

Default Re: Needing to get help-being away from baby for more than 8 hrs

!!! There is no way for you to pump during this class? That is a long time to go without expressing. Also, has your LO ever taken a bottle before?

My son averages about 1.5 oz an hour when I'm at work. He's around 14 lbs.
    for over a year now!!!

Xavier 11/5/08

That's like a full time working mom. I work full time and am away from baby about 11 hours a day. I pump 3 times at work. Maybe you can plan for that too.

I leave home at 7am, baby's last feed usually at around 6am. Then at work I pump at 9am, 12am and 4pm (give or take 30 minutes). And I usually arrive home at around 6pm-ish.

I get anything between 5-7 oz per pumping session. But my baby is a reverse cycler, so she only takes in about 9-12 oz while I'm away and wakes up a whole lot at night.

Hope that helps!

could somebody bring the baby to the class with you and wait outside?
    most teachers are pretty good about letting small babies in to class, if they aren't nosiy.
    I'm sure you'll have breaks with a class that long!