Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weaning from nap nursing on weekdays

Default Weaning from nap nursing on weekdays

I nurse my LO to sleep. I bring her to work with me which is great, but since she is starting to become more talkative and loud, she may become a disturbance and I may have to stop bringing her. My boss actually complained about her yesterday. I feel really bad about how we will be able to get her to nap without nursing. I hate to have to take that away from her if she's not ready. Does anyone have any ideas for how my DH can put her to sleep. TIA

Default Re: Weaning from nap nursing on weekdays

I wouldn't worry about it. Babies work things out with Care providers that are not Mama very differently. There is this assumption that baby will freak out or be sad if Mama is not there. But it's not usually true. If mama IS there and baby knows it and isn't coming to nurse down THAT is usually a problem. But your child will know your DH can't nurse her and won't be expecting it. MY DH wore my son to sleep when he was younger. Both in the Moby and in a Back pack. And then when he was older he just wanted him to lay down with him until he fell asleep. That's still how he naps while with my DH.
    Don't stress about it. It will be fine and your child will continue to nurse both up and down from naps when you are together I'm sure!

Way too lazy for formula

Default Re: Weaning from nap nursing on weekdays

Hi Dj's mom,
    Thanks for your reply it's really helped me not to feel like it's the end of the world if she's not able to nap down in her preferred way. Hopefully she won't give my DH too much trouble when he tries to put her to sleep.