Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I guess we've officially entered the world of extended nursing...

Default I guess we've officially entered the world of extended nursing...

Hi! This is my first post in the LLL forums. My son turned one on Sunday, and weaning is nowhere in sight. I am so proud to have made it through the first year with the trouble we had with lack of weight gain and pressure from the pediatrician. Fletcher is still small for his age, but he is thriving!

I look forward to getting to know many of you on the board.

Erica
    Erica
    Fletcher...August 20, 2005
    Welcoming #2 in July 2008

"There is no failure, only feedback."

Default Re: I guess we've officially entered the world of extended nursing...

Welcome! Way to go, Mom! I am about to reach that milestone myself.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Welcome!! Our los are about the same age. COngrats on such an achievement.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Thanks, mollyb and Kelly Ann. I'm really happy that I finally came to this forum. I "hang out" on iVillage quite a bit, but it is great to be with other LLL moms.

Erica
    Fletcher...August 20, 2005
    Welcoming #2 in July 2008

"There is no failure, only feedback."

My ds is 8 mo, but it's really encouraging to see moms ahead of me so I can stay motivated! Does your ds eat solids?

Congratulations! My DS just turned 13 months and was exclusively BF until 10months old. Weaning is really nowhere in sight either... nursing a toddler now has become so much more meaningful than I ever realized. They really are just walking talking babies and I look forward to many more months with nursing him. good luck with yours!!!

Welcome and Congrats!

DD and I made our milestone about a month ago (Ethansmommy-our babies must be v. close in age-dd is 13 months tomorrow). DD also had an issue with weight gain-even tho' she tripled her weight since birth she is still only in the 8 percentile. I'm not concerned though-she's healthy and happy and that is all that matters!

We also don't plan to wean anytime soon. However, i am starting to wean from the pump at work. I feel so free...
    Last edited by Maya's Mom; August 23rd, 2006 at 01:20 PM.

how dod you "wean from the pump"? i know that andrew is just going on 9 months, and i won't be starting that soon, but i pump every 2 - 3 hours and i get sometimes 10 oz!!! i am milk crazy- i would love to be able to wean from pumping and still have adequete milk supply for baby

Congrats to you and Happy Birthday Fletcher!!!!!!!

amy-
    i am dropping one pumping every few weeks. bc dd is 13 months, i'm supplementing with organic cow's milk.

so far-my supply is holding up. i am down to two pumps (from 3) a day and believe it or not, i haven't had to supplement with much cow's milk yet. my body is producing nearly enough milk for a full day at daycare