Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 7 months and no period!

Default 7 months and no period!

I have not started my period and my DD is almost 7 months. I never had a bad period in the past but for the past 2 days I have bad cramps and below my belly button.

Did anyone else have pretty bad pain and bloating before they started? Or should I be worried about a bladder infection?

Default Re: 7 months and no period!

I have had cramps & pms-like symptoms a couple of times, but still no period (DS is 14mo). :info The average time for the period of a breastfeeding mama to return is 15mo, so it may be a false alarm. Or you may be getting lucky (?) early.

Someone who has AF back, please comment!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I got my period back at 12 months, almost exactly. But for almost six months before that, I would get occasional feelings of crampiness and bloating, almost like my hormones were trying to sort themselves out and decide if that was the month I would be getting AF back.

Each woman is different - it can come back 3 months pp or 18 months, you never know!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

With both of my kiddos, I got my period back right away. I had pp bleeding for 6 weeks, and then, with my daughter got my period at 10 weeks pp, and with my son at 9 weeks pp. And I nursed! A lot! Am still nursing my son (a lot! good golly, does he like to nurse!). But, yes, I would say that for a couple of days before those periods (and before most of them now), I was very crampy and bloated.

I wouldn't think UTI, really, unless the pain is in your urethra. Up higher seems like cramps to me.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

I got my period back 15 months PP, but in the few months before that I would kind of feel cramps and symptoms, and I could've sworn I was gonna have my period, but then I wouldn't.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Well I"m jealous. I had PP flow for 8 weeks and my first period at 3 months! DS was sleeping long stretches at night, though, and I rarely co-sleep. I think this is a big part of it. Fortunately he started waking up more frequently at night.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

With DS AF came back 9 mo PP and I would cramp days before it actually started. Maybe b/c they would come like 6 weeks apart? DD would go much longer betw. nursing sessions and AF came back at 4 mo. did not have as much cramping. However, after about 2 visits that came like clockwork DD just decided out of nowhere to nurse all the time and I only had 1 "visit" since then after about 6 weeks and I had the cramping/bloating baaad for several days before. coarse it hasn't been long enough since then to say whether or not that will happen again.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and