Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: success with domperidone?

Default success with domperidone?

hi, i have milk but not quite enough so I started domperidone 2 days ago. the only thing that has happened is that last night i had terrible pain in my right nipple, but it doesn't seem like there's more milk -- if anything it feels like less. has anyone had success with it?

Default Re: success with domperidone?

PM'ing you mama.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

how many mg's are you taking? I've been on it for a week now and have had considerable improvement
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

it does seem to be MUCH better now! i'm certainly... bigger. and db is now satisfied after every feeding, no more fretful early-evening cluster feedings where she's never full. but wow, wow, my nipples REALLY hurt. i'm treating them as if it's thrush, but i wonder if it's just engorgement.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*madfoot View Post
    it does seem to be MUCH better now! i'm certainly... bigger. and db is now satisfied after every feeding, no more fretful early-evening cluster feedings where she's never full. but wow, wow, my nipples REALLY hurt. i'm treating them as if it's thrush, but i wonder if it's just engorgement.
    g;ad the dom is working for you. only thing i can think of in regards to the nipple pain is maybe due to engorgement your LO is getting a shallow latch and sucking too much on the nipple. maybe hand express for a few mins or compress around the nipple to make it easier to latch on
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

Hi, Mamma.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling comfortable. How old is your baby? Could you describe a little more why you feel you have a low supply? Have you started your cycles recently? Are you about to, possibly? How is baby's growth been so far?
    Carla
    LLL Leader