Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: If you took fenugreek, how long until you noticed a difference?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within 12 hours

1 8.33%
  • Within 24 hours

6 50.00%
  • Within 2 days

3 25.00%
  • Within 3 days

0 0%
  • Within 4 days

0 0%
  • Within 5 days

1 8.33%
  • Within 1 week

0 0%
  • Within 2 weeks

0 0%
  • Longer than 2 weeks

0 0%
  • It never worked!

1 8.33%

Thread: How long for fenugreek to work?

Default How long for fenugreek to work?

Here's another fun poll question. If you took fenugreek to boost your milk supply, how long was it before you noticed a difference?

I took some this morning and afternoon and, I swear, 10 hours later my supply was up!!
    Last edited by @llli*monika.h; January 29th, 2009 at 12:54 AM.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

Default Re: How long for fenugreek to work?

I think I started seeing a difference within a couple days. I started taking it a day or two before we left on our vacation and I remember totally noticing things were way better when we were on the vacation. Along with the fenugreek though I also really upped my water intake and brought DD to breast more often.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I saw results within 24 hours but after weeks of being on it, it still didn't get my supply up where it needed to be. I'm still taking it though with the domperidone and notice a difference when i don't!
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

It took me a couple days...I started with a high dose....
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

yes, I noticed a difference within 24 hours and I did an experiment to see what would happen if I didnt take any all day today and I noticed I wasnt pumping as much today.
    It definately works for me.
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*chi829 View Post
    yes, I noticed a difference within 24 hours and I did an experiment to see what would happen if I didnt take any all day today and I noticed I wasnt pumping as much today.
    It definately works for me.
    That's strange b/c from what I've read most women are able to stop using it once their supply reaches a point they are happy with But, I'm sure it works differently for every woman.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeannie.bean View Post
    That's strange b/c from what I've read most women are able to stop using it once their supply reaches a point they are happy with But, I'm sure it works differently for every woman.
    I didn't stop right away, I tapered it off instead, and it didn't affect my supply. I still take it when I know in advance I'm going to have supply issues (i.e. a lot of stress, extra time away from DS, etc.).
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Good to see all the responses. I have to say I was skeptical about taking a herbal remedy, but this stuff works. My supply was so low in the left breast that DS was rarely willing to take it. This morning, my left side was literally bulging with milk and was leaking. My LLL leader had suggested pumping, but it seems like I won't have to do it now.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

It really works for me. I go off it over the weekends when I'm with my lo more. And then go back on during the week when I'm working. I find that it takes 24 hours to kick in (sometimes 48 if my supply is really low). This time around I combine it with blessed thistle pills and that seems to help a lot.

I do have a couple of friends that tried it and it only worked for them for a couple of weeks and then their supply dropped again even when they kept taking it. But they had pretty severe supply issues.

Anyway, I LOVE the stuff!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!