Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 16 month old- is it enough?

Default 16 month old- is it enough?

DS is 16 months now, and I EP. He drinks 3 4 ounce bottles a day. We haven't introduced cow's milk, but he drinks really diluted juice (like maybe 20% juice) and sometimes plain water from a sippy cup, I'm guessing maybe 15 ounces a day. He eats plenty of solids including 3 hearty meals plus snacks. We try to give him plenty of cheese and other fat sources. Is 12 ounces of mommy milk enough for him at this point? He was getting 16 ounces but he doesn't seem interested in his post-nap bottle anymore.

I'm thinking about starting to making him some smoothies w/ yogurt so he can get some extra calcium, but should I even be too concerned about it?

I'm reluctant to give him plain cow's milk because his poop was so stinky when we gave him some, and that makes me think it might be a bit hard on his digestive system.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Default Re: 16 month old- is it enough?

my son LOVES yogurt in any form. have you tried that? You can also get drinkable yogurt. We like that for a meal when we have to be on the go.

Default Re: 16 month old- is it enough?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jewelsf View Post
    my son LOVES yogurt in any form. have you tried that? You can also get drinkable yogurt. We like that for a meal when we have to be on the go.
    We have given him yogurt with his breakfast. The first few days he ate it with gusto, but then DH (who is the one who give him breakfast) said he that he started just playing with it rather than eating it. He didn't have it for a few days and then today we gave him some, and he ate a bit today. It doesn't seem like he'll eat it every day though.

I'm thinking about making a smoothie. We have about 25 pounds of dried apricots, so I'm thinking about rehydrating some to mix in a yogurt smoothie.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine