Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: my days are numbered,,,

Default my days are numbered,,,

i've been so sad all day. I called and spoke to the lactation nurse at my ped's office and she was useless. The last two days have been awful. Huge drop in supply and I've been giving LO freezer stash. I only have about 2 days left. I can't pump but a couple of tablespoons from one breast and maybe an ounce off the other. LO is getting frustrated that nothing is coming out but a few drops. Does mothers milk tea actaully work? Do i need to see my ob for meds? Someone please help, I feel like crying and do not want to give my baby formula.
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Default Re: my days are numbered,,,

Why do you think your supply has dropped? Pumping is not a good indicator of supply - baby is much more efficient at the breast. MM tea has helped me, I also eat oatmeal every day.
    How are wets/poops? And how old is your LO? This might just be a growth spurt...babies are often fussy and wanting to be at the breast constantly during one.
    Make sure you are drinking and eating enough yourself!! I know its hard to do when you are stressed.

are you EP'ing?

stress is the worst thing...it can zap your supply in an instant.

there are a bunch of herbals you can try. i used

fenugreek
    alfalfa
    fennel
    mm tea
    and more milk plus
    and i ate oatmeal every day

you could also try power pumping. 10 mins on 10 mins off or one hour. i would do this for at least a week when my supply was down.

and here is some more info too.

good luck mama. i hope it comes up soon!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

how old is baby? could be a growth spurt... if he is acting fussy at the breast it may not be indicative of low supply and, as the PP mentioned the pump isn't a good indicator of how much baby is getting. Having said that... has your cycle returned?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

here are some idicators that make me beleive my supply is down.
    1. My breasts are now smaller
    2. LO only sucks for maybe 30 secs to 1 minute then gets fussy, I change breasts and same thing
    3. When I pump in the morning, I only get 1 ounce or less

Lo is 14 weeks old wet diapers are just fine, someone asked me if I am EP'ing? What does this mean?

We love and

EPing means exclusively pumping.

i also take reglan to help with my supply, since im pregnant my supply has dipped a little
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

oh and another thing is i dont hear or see him swallow after the first minute or so. im so stressed. Feeding him freezer stash as i type.

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kelmareuby View Post
    EPing means exclusively pumping.

i also take reglan to help with my supply, since im pregnant my supply has dipped a little
    oh ok, im not EP'ing. Is reglan prescription? How soon does it start to work? i think ill call my ob in the am?

We love and

http://forums.llli.org/showthread.ph...ghlight=reglan

thats a link for a thread where someone asked about reglan

and yea its a precription i think it has helped me quite a bit

maybe reglan along with some herbal things nolies mama mentioned
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

well, I just finished my very first power pumping session and I got 1.5 ounces total. I know the session is more for stimulation and not volume but when I saw the amount I got pretty discouraged.
    I will keep you all updated. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I do not want to do formula. Going to the herb store tomorrow to get mothers milk tea,,, anyone know this stuff to have any side effects?

We love and