Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to get Domperidone (Near sEattle USA)

Default where to get Domperidone (Near sEattle USA)

My ob wont prescribe it. Whom do I talk to ? Where can I get it ? Who will prescribe the correct dosage etc., ?
    Please any input ...I am so sad, I dont knwo what wil happen to the baby...she is eating oatmeal -and yogurt but that will not sustain her or give her all the nutrients....

Default Re: where to get Domperidone (Near sEattle USA)

Since Domperidone isn't legal in the US, I'm not comfortable with having sources posted publicly. If you have information for s.p, please send her a PM.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

With respect, LLLKaren, it is not quite accurate to say that it is illegal in the US. It is possible to legally obtain a prescription for it, and obtain it legally from a compounding pharmacist. I went this route, for example. There aren't very many doctors who will prescribe it, but some will. And it is commonly prescribed and used in other countries.

I certainly understand and respect your wishes about posting potentially quasi-legal or illegal ways to obtain it, which are out there...

just to piggyback that, even if you obtain w/o a script, it is not illegal as it is not a controlled substance. dr. newman has all the info on his site.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

From the FDA:
    On June 7, 2004, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned compounding pharmacies and firms that supply domperidone for use in compounding that it is illegal to compound domperidone and issued an import alert advising FDA field personnel that they may detain shipments of finished drug products and bulk ingredients containing domperidone.
    ...all drug products containing domperidone (whether compounded or not) violate the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) because they are unapproved new drugs and misbranded. In addition, distribution within the U.S., or importation of domperidone-containing products, violates the law.
    I just want to be on the safe side. Thanks for understanding.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Hmm. The legalities of this are beyond my understanding. I am fairly confident that what I did was legal, but I am no expert, and I can certainly understand your concern...

I know that I read somewhere that Domperidone is being review for FDA approval. This smells to me like American drug company big business....can't get it here, we don't want someone else making money when you get it somewhere else....

I totally gotcha Karen!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

My apologies for bringing it up so nonchalantly in OP's other thread. It's used commonly here in Canada for supply issues, and Jack Newman has been known to email scripts for it. I didn't realize the issue was so touchy South of the border
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jessruff View Post
    My apologies for bringing it up so nonchalantly in OP's other thread. It's used commonly here in Canada for supply issues, and Jack Newman has been known to email scripts for it. I didn't realize the issue was so touchy South of the border
    i didnt know he would get scripts...

and i got some but legally.
    Mommy to:
    Nathaniel 2/28/05
    Boy/Girl Twins: Raymond 17w4d & Candice 5/22/06
    Lana 12/22/07

Missing Wylder 9w5d
    TTCAL for another nursling!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*birdof1985 View Post
    i didnt know he would get scripts...

and i got some but legally.
    So... does anyone know of doctors who might prescribe it ? I will try to get it from them. I am not comfortable ordering and taking meds from the internet. Please PM me if its not too much trouble. Its such a battle daily to get anything into her. I think she is not getting much at all... she has dropped from 75th percentile to 50th percentile, ie crossing growth curve lines or something.
    thankyou