Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: We made it to 1 year - Thank you!!

Default We made it to 1 year - Thank you!!

: WE DID IT!! We made it to the one year mark and we're still going strong!! If someone had told me when I was pregnant that I would be nursing DS past 1 year I would never have believed it. It has been an amazing journey that I am so grateful to have been blessed with! DS was a month early and it would be an understatement to say we weren't ready for his arrival. I thank God every day for putting such great people in my path from the beginning. My doula was so wonderful and gave me the knowledge to back up my arguments when I had to go toe to toe with the nurse's in the NICU about NOT giving DS formula. The wonderful hospital LC that God sent into my room at precisely the moment that I found out that I would be going home without DS. She helped me put things into perspective that DS was healthy and was only staying one more night for observation. Throughout the ups and downs of this year - that moment has helped me put life in perspective - it became my mantra "He's healthy - everything else I can deal with!" All of the wonderful mamas on this board - you may not have answered one of my posts directly, but in answering someone else's post I was able to get the answers I needed. I cannot even begin to imagine this year without the knowledge you so selflessly share each and every day. Thank you for making me a better Mom! Here's hoping the next year is as fabulous as the first!!!
    SAHM to DS1 (Jan. 08) and DS2 (Jan. 10)

Usually

Default Re: We made it to 1 year - Thank you!!

That's what so amazing about this site - we all help each other without even knowing it sometimes. Thanks for sharing your good feelings.

Congratulations, mama! And to your lucky son!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Happy Birthday to your little one! Congratulations Mama and welcome to a wonderful club of mother nursing toddlers, it's a cool experience.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

COngratulations!!
    And it will be. The 2nd year Is MORE wonderful than the 1st. The 1st year really grounds you and reminds you how important it is to be able to communicate without language. And it IS SOOO important. But in the 2nd year they begin to use their words. And as amazed as we are when they bat at their 1st toy or take their 1st step, when they name your breasts or ask for Nursing with your special code word, or say "uh oh" for the 1st time when they spill something, you think you couldn't be prouder. Nursing someone who can communicate what they need with their words is so rewarding, so empowering.

Welcome to the after party. Hope you can stay until the sun comes up!

Way too lazy for formula

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment. It's true - nursing after 1 is amazing!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Congratulations Mama!!

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Yay! Congratulations. You worked hard to get here and it sounds like you had some good support to get going.
    Sue
    LLL Leader

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manitobamommy View Post
    That's what so amazing about this site - we all help each other without even knowing it sometimes. Thanks for sharing your good feelings.

Congrats mama! Your wonederful for nursing your baby & still nursing!! Keep it up!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*