Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why didn't anyone tell me the first time -

Default Re: Why didn't anyone tell me the first time -

DS2 is almost 21 months and will frequently pop off nursing and say, "Mmmm, good nur-nur." My eyes well up and I just say "thanks!"
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Smile Re: Why didn't anyone tell me the first time -

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    that nursing just gets sweeter and sweeter as they get older? I'd certainly have tried harder to nurse her past 6 1/2 months!

My son just turned one, and I can't tell you how much more I love nursing him now than I did when he was little bitty, and I ate it up then! He's started using some signs now, and one of his sign "sentences" always makes me tear up. He adapted the sign for nursies that I tried to teach him and came up with his own, which is patting himself on the side of the face (or smacking himself on the side of the head if he's really excited ). So now, when we are lying in bed nursing to sleep, he'll make the sign for nursies, and then sleepily work his bottom arm up from in between us to clap.

And every time I ask him if he would like some nursies, he laughs in this surprised and thrilled way like he just won the lottery.

Sigh...

I love having a toddler!
    Ohhhhhh my heart just melted. I love having a nursing toddler too--mine's 13 months. I taught him the sign for 'breasts' to nurse, tapping my chest on both side. He'll tap mine or his own when he wants to nurse. And he does that EXACT same wildly excited laugh when I ask him if he wants to nurse! I love it love it love it!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Great thread! I just love it when I sit down and grab the bobby pillow how my 17 month old laughs and giggles for joy! Everyone knows what she is so happy about.
    Mommy to DM 6/21/06 and YR 4/9/08 30 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    I agree it just keeps getting better and better The best is that they can "tell" you now when they want to nurse and you can see how happy that it makes them...so rewarding
    I love this too! Now my DS makes his sign for nursies (I love that term), and then he often claps as he drifts off to sleep. I love knowing when he wants it, sometimes he's in the middle of playing or we're at the store or just in general in times that I wouldn't have offered it to him before. Now he can come do a fly-by if he wants, always with his happy little giggle and claps.

I'm a babywearing , cosleeping , breastfeeding , loving, blogging single mommy to the beautiful Jayden 9-17-08

I love hearing all your stories! My son's 20 months old today, and it's still just wonderful. He just started saying nee for nursies, and sometimes he'll look at me and smile and say "lahhhh nee" (love nursies), and I just melt. What a blessing! I totally rave to my friends who are nursing babies about how awesome it is with older kiddos.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Not to mention that it's the only time they hold still (or something sort of close to it) long enough for you to hold and snuggle them!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLKaren View Post
    Not to mention that it's the only time they hold still (or something sort of close to it) long enough for you to hold and snuggle them!
    So true! At those moments, he's still my baby.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png