Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why didn't anyone tell me the first time -

Default Why didn't anyone tell me the first time -

that nursing just gets sweeter and sweeter as they get older? I'd certainly have tried harder to nurse her past 6 1/2 months!

My son just turned one, and I can't tell you how much more I love nursing him now than I did when he was little bitty, and I ate it up then! He's started using some signs now, and one of his sign "sentences" always makes me tear up. He adapted the sign for nursies that I tried to teach him and came up with his own, which is patting himself on the side of the face (or smacking himself on the side of the head if he's really excited ). So now, when we are lying in bed nursing to sleep, he'll make the sign for nursies, and then sleepily work his bottom arm up from in between us to clap.

And every time I ask him if he would like some nursies, he laughs in this surprised and thrilled way like he just won the lottery.

Sigh...

I love having a toddler!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Default Re: Why didn't anyone tell me the first time -

Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

That is so sweet... And so true!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I love toddler nursing too! They are so wonderful and thankful and makes all those newborn/infant struggles worth it.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

! When I get back to DS (from work) and he takes my hand & gives me a delighted smile while he leads me to a place we can sit and nurse, it just makes my whole day.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

What's so great about having as toddler is that they amaze you so much.....and then just when you are OVER IT, BAM they are grown up. Mother Nature works out things pretty perfectly. Seem that way to me.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    that nursing just gets sweeter and sweeter as they get older? I'd certainly have tried harder to nurse her past 6 1/2 months!

My son just turned one, and I can't tell you how much more I love nursing him now than I did when he was little bitty, and I ate it up then! He's started using some signs now, and one of his sign "sentences" always makes me tear up. He adapted the sign for nursies that I tried to teach him and came up with his own, which is patting himself on the side of the face (or smacking himself on the side of the head if he's really excited ). So now, when we are lying in bed nursing to sleep, he'll make the sign for nursies, and then sleepily work his bottom arm up from in between us to clap.

And every time I ask him if he would like some nursies, he laughs in this surprised and thrilled way like he just won the lottery.

Sigh...

I love having a toddler!
    my dd claps well tries to clap over my big breasts once she is latched on as well, i just melt!

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..so cute

I this thread, and just had to give it a *bump*.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I agree it just keeps getting better and better The best is that they can "tell" you now when they want to nurse and you can see how happy that it makes them...so rewarding
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby