Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: breast after 6days of a bottle trying to switch

Angry breast after 6days of a bottle trying to switch

my son was born on jan 24 and we nursed for 1 day it was not going very well so nurse suggested supplement with bottle so we did and we pumped. the next day we seen a cyst under tongue. dr said this is why nursing dident go well 3 days later seen a dr for cyst found out only swollen salivas gland will go away on its own. but now i need to go back to nursing with out bottle. this i our first so any help will be very helpful.

Default Re: breast after 6days of a bottle trying to switch

So have you been pumping for the past 6 days? if so how often have you been pumping? has your son had Formula as well as pumped milk? What kind of troubles did you have on the first day with nursing? Pain? have you met with a LC or local LLL Leader? what happens when you attempt to nurse now?
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Cool Re: breast after 6days of a bottle trying to switch

there is no pain he just cries and wont lastch on and yes he has had formula

have you tried just holding baby on your naked chest when he is not hungry, just nuzzle, lots of skin to skin contact, keep him in only a diaper and you naked from the waist up, carnk the heat up, cuddle up and stay like that all day if possible, hold him at or near your breast when he is satisfied and happy, not hungry or tired, encorage him to nurse by making it available at all times....

what type opf trouble did you have the first day of nursing on the 24th, to make you say
    it was not going very well so nurse suggested supplement
    also have you been pumping these past 6 days to maintain supply/bring in your milk?
    what kind of pumping schedule are you on?
    how much have you been pumping output wise vs what he takes in BM / formula wise?
    have you met with a LC or local LLL Leader?

you can totally do this it just may take some time and the approach will vary based on the situation. we're all here to help if we can
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Smile Re: breast after 6days of a bottle trying to switch

i have contacted a leader and she is trying to help. yes i have been pumping and i am getting a couple of ounces each time i pump about every 3 hours. thanks for the info i will try and see how it goes

, let us know how it goes!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png