Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Will not let me put her down! Help!

Default Will not let me put her down! Help!

I posted a thread about 3 weeks ago about getting my bottlefed baby back on the breast using a nipple shield. Now we are no longer using the shield and we are breastfeeding exclusively ! It has been 3 1/2 weeks of bfing and she is almost 6 months. NO MORE PUMPING

I am having issues tho...Before I decided to get her back on the breast she was such a happy baby. She never cried and she always smiled! Now that she is on the breast, it seems that she has changed. She cries more and she will NOT let me put her down and she doesnt nap long during the day !!!!! I cant get anything done around the house. The laudry is piling up and the house is becoming a mess!!! She just cut her first tooth today so could it be teething or is she just mad because I took her bottle away ?

She drains the breast very quickly and she has a great urin output so I know she is getting more than enough .

Please help me because I am about to lose my mind
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

Default Re: Will not let me put her down! Help!

you are right that it could be teething. My DD about a month ago went from nursing every 3 hours to nursing all the time. a few weeks ago we noticed the white bumps so it was indeed teething in our case. she is still nursing fairly frequently, but she is still working on those teeth.
    Other causes could be that she has figured out that you are the lone source of food, or it could be a growth spurt. If it is the growth spurt it should get better in a few days. Another thing is it could just be that baby is starting to learn object permanence and is getting clingy because of it.
    Until it gets better, I suggest using a sling/wrap or other carrier to wear baby around when you have work to do.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

Thanks for the advice!!! She doesnt nurse all day she just wants to be on my hip She only nurses for 6-8 min at a time every 2-3hrs. She doesnt want her swing, bouncer, activity saucer, crib, nothing!!!! She cries when I put her down and she stops when I walk with her. Is she hurting, missing her bottle, or just spoiled?
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

You sound worried that something is hurting your baby. Teeth could definitely be the culprit, especially if she just cut one. Sounds like she wants to be with you all the time, do you own a baby carrier like a sling or a wrap? Maybe she would be happy to be doing chores with you instead of watching?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

At 6 months, my kid was the same. I could not put her down for a minute without her screaming her little head off. I think she had realized that being carried around by Mama meant seeing new and interesting things all day and also having Mama- and her cuddles and boobs- right there and available at all times. And when she was teething she was extra clingy.

Trust me, this stage will pass. Those pesky teeth will pop through, and she's going to get mobile and discover a world of interesting things to grab and put into her mouth. Hang in there!!!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"