Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: back & forth, from side 2 side

Default back & forth, from side 2 side

My 16 mo has been popping on & off from side to side. Back & forth, back & forth. Usually when trying to fall asleep. He can't be latched on for more than 30-60 secs. at a time... it's annoying, and I'm becoming sore. Any ideas why he's doing this?

Default Re: back & forth, from side 2 side

DS does this whenever he's teething. Here's my theory: he wants to nurse, but the bm flowing over his gum isn't comfortable, so he keeps wanting to try the other side to see if it feels better. After experimenting awhile, I can usually find some way that he'll stay on. It's often with him - or me - in a very odd position, but hey - whatever works.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Mine does the same thing.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

its ok to teach some manners at that age.
    When they ask to switch you can say oh your done then..
    They get realy mad but if you put them down and let them fuss a litte bet they normaly settle down and nurse well....

op could you be pg?

OK I can completely identify withthis except Ashley doesnt just stop at the two. the last few days he has been looking for the 'other one' under my armpits, on my back and getting really cross when i dont produce it it!
    Karli, Besotted mother of Ashley,8lb 9oz - 9th May 2007 and Fae 8lb 11oz 17th Feb 2010, both born at home, naturally.

Nappy-free @ 18 months EC'ing rocks!
    Just leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*rock.n.roll.mumma View Post
    OK I can completely identify withthis except Ashley doesnt just stop at the two. the last few days he has been looking for the 'other one' under my armpits, on my back and getting really cross when i dont produce it it!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

Mine loves this, too! He only really does it after we bathe, though, and before we get fully dressed, since it's the only time he has access to both at the same time. He will sip a couple of times on each side, and then switch, back and forth, giggling to himself like he just can't believe all this is for him!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

No, not pregnant...

The teething may be an issue, I never thought of that. Poor little buggers gums are a mess. He does have some big teeth coming in.

the last few days he has been looking for the 'other one' under my armpits, on my back and getting really cross when i dont produce it it!
    He also looks for the other nip, which is sometimes my belly button or sometimes this mole that I have on my belly. I hate having my belly button touched, gives me the heebie jeebies. Aggggghhhhhhhhh, I'm going to resort to those high waisted pants from the 80's that go all the way up to the boobs to cover up any distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*duckpond View Post
    Mine loves this, too! He only really does it after we bathe, though, and before we get fully dressed, since it's the only time he has access to both at the same time. He will sip a couple of times on each side, and then switch, back and forth, giggling to himself like he just can't believe all this is for him!
    Awwww....

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*milk.milk.lemonade View Post
    Aggggghhhhhhhhh, I'm going to resort to those high waisted pants from the 80's that go all the way up to the boobs to cover up any distractions.
    Whan DS is getting grabby, I put on an old tank top (with the boobs cut out) under my shirt. It keeps him from tickling me - NOT a game I want while nursing!