Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Small traces of blood in poop...

Exclamation Small traces of blood in poop...

Hi there! Any advice or similar circumstances from any mamas would be appreciated here~ I have called my doctor, but they weren't able to return my call this evening and I figure you BF mamas might know better anyway since their potty's are different from formula fed babies. Let me start by saying that for a while now..(And annabella is 4 months) she has had spiratical "darkly colored" "Seedies" in her poops. Yes there are usually the normal mustardy colored ones, and the occasional green if she's had too much foremilk, but I have noticed there are also sometimes a few scattered very dark ones...is this normal? Have any of your babe's had these in their poops, or could it be blood and I'm unaware? It seems that they are in the same shape of a seed..I thought maybe since sometimes she has been straining to go.. this could be the cause? Or maybe it's just normal? Also, tonight for the first time in her poop she had very light and very small strains of light red blood in her poop... I'm trying not to get too worried, I can't help myself with this little love! Anything like that and I feel a little panicy..Thanks all!!
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Default Re: Small traces of blood in poop...

You can ask the doctor to test her poop for hidden blood, so then you will know what the 'seedies' are.

It could be blood from an anal fissure. It could be from an over supply or over active let down. Too much lactose causes irritation in the intestinal wall, which can lead to green poop or blood. It could also be that she has a food allergy to something you are eating. It could also be from a bacteria.

Def talk to your doctor, but it is nothing to rush to the emergency room for unless she is in horrible pain/or has jelly like stool.

Generally, if it is blood, the bright colored stuff is from closer to the anus/anus itself, and the darker stuff is from higher up in the intestinal tract.

Smile Re: Small traces of blood in poop...

Thank you so much for your reply! I do have an overactive letdown, so I wonder if that could be the cause of those darker ones~she has her 4 month check up next Monday, so as long as I don't see alot more, I'll wait and ask then~hope it's nothing~thanks again!!
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10