Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many times do you nurse per day?

Default Re: How many times do you nurse per day?

Around 8-12x per 24 hours, including pumpings & nighttime feedings. I had pumping supply problems in the beginning, but now we're doing great! I have heard the 6x quote, but I don't know anything about it.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*missmari View Post
    But I wouldn't be surprised if he picks up another feeding or two (or three or four or five...) as time goes on. That's the way my older son was...
    That's interesting... intuitively I would think that the older they got, the more they need to drink. But for some reason I also think that they'd go longer between nursing and only nurse about 5-6 times a day. If they go longer between nursing, that would be less times during the day, so they'd have to drink a lot more at one time.

Sorry, I was thinking out loud.... the answer to your actual question is that my 8.5 mo son nurses about 6-8 times during the day and now he's nursing 2-3 times at night. Granted he's not nursing long at night, just enough to fall back to sleep. He goes 2.5-3 hours during the day, depending on where his naps fall, as I usually nurse him to sleep and he drinks a little when he wakes up.

I suppose it depends on if you count the 5 minute snacks too...

Once upon a time he had a schedule.

My 10 month old always nurses for his 2 naps and at bedtime. Then there's a feeding when he first wakes up. And probably an extra one in the evening. And 2 at night. So probably at least 6, probably more than 8. I should try to count them tomorrow.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.