Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is my baby satisfied?

Unhappy Is my baby satisfied?

I have been breastfeeding exclusively since my daughter was born. She's now 5 months old and my supply has been decreasing. I have been taking a supplement that I got from Whole Foods which seems to be working a little. I am just wondering how much my little one should be eating. I have been giving her what I pump today becuase if there is too much going on she wont' nurse. She has nursed 2 times today but she is not satisfied. Is there something else I should be giving her? I am scared I will run out of my supply in the freezer and I dont want to give her formula....Any suggestions?

Default Re: Is my baby satisfied?

Hey Mama!

So, How many times has she eaten today?

1st time momma of a beautiful (my little tinkerbink!) Born June 08'

Expecting #2 early April

Married to my soulmate since May 06'

So blessed..

She nursed when she woke up at about 7am. Then I fed her again at 10. She nursed off of one side didn't want the other side. Then I fed her a 4 oz. bottle of what I had pumped and she took a nap. That was about noon. then at 2 she had a 4 oz. bottle (pumped) and took a 2 hr. nap. She woke up kinda fussy (she's teething). Then I pumped while she was playing and she sucked that 5 oz. down like she hadn't eaten all day. Im scared im going to lose my supply in the freezer adn when i work what will daddy feed her?

Sounds exactly like my baby too. Sometimes they take less when they teethe. My baby went on a "strike" for a whole week! I had to pump to keep it up but now she has two teeth! Anyway, keep track of wet/dirty diapes. My baby doesn't dirty every single day, but almost. She has a few wet ones too. You'll know by the output. Does she seem alright? Is she fussing while you are nursing her? Does she eat at night?

About the work situation, I forgot if you wrote anything about it. Sorry! Are you able to pump at work? This might sound ridiculous, but when I pump it only takes about 6-7 mins max. I have a double pump, works great...and I crank up the "power" on it to make it go quicker. I'm not sure if that's a "normal" time for pumping, but it's not bad at all.

1st time momma of a beautiful (my little tinkerbink!) Born June 08'

Expecting #2 early April

Married to my soulmate since May 06'

So blessed..

I do pump at work to replace what my hubby uses when Im there. yeah, it only takes me about 10 min to pump, not 30 like Ive heard it should take. I turn up the power too I ahve a double pump. Love it. I change probably 8-10 diapers a day. 2-3 are poopy. so I guess shes just not starving...just my first little one and I want to make sure I dont deprive her. Thanks for all your help