Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: any odd tricks and ideas?

Default any odd tricks and ideas?

Hi ladies! this is my first time posting on this side. I have relactated, and was able to only supplement 2-4 times a day, but for 2 days he has refused me all but at night he is teething. So I really don't want to loose what we worked at so i have been Hand expressing .

my problem is fenugreek hasn't seemed to work nore blessed thrisle.
    I was up to 4 pills 4 times a day, I could really smell it on myself. so i know it was in my system. I took it for quiet some time. almsot 2 whole months and just gave up. I really don't feel it was working for me.

Now question is, any odd off the wall tricks anyone hear of? something new? I think I have read it all but thought i would dig a little more.

what about that dropamine (sp) i would try it but I can't just get it without a script right?

thanks everyone!

I don't know how to get him to accept me and always accept me but at least he will still nurse during night time wakings.
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Default Re: any odd tricks and ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyjewel
    Hi ladies! this is my first time posting on this side. I have relactated, and was able to only supplement 2-4 times a day, but for 2 days he has refused me all but at night he is teething. So I really don't want to loose what we worked at so i have been Hand expressing .

my problem is fenugreek hasn't seemed to work nore blessed thrisle.
    I was up to 4 pills 4 times a day, I could really smell it on myself. so i know it was in my system. I took it for quiet some time. almsot 2 whole months and just gave up. I really don't feel it was working for me.

Now question is, any odd off the wall tricks anyone hear of? something new? I think I have read it all but thought i would dig a little more.

what about that dropamine (sp) i would try it but I can't just get it without a script right?

thanks everyone!

I don't know how to get him to accept me and always accept me but at least he will still nurse during night time wakings.
    I tried fenugreek too and didn't take it nearly as long as you did, but I could definately smell it on myself. I didn't like that at all. You could try Earth Mama Angel Baby Milkmaid Tea here's the website http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/milkmaid_tea.html. I bought some when I was pumping for my twins while I was at work. At first I thought it didn't taste too good, but after a couple times drinking it I really started to love it. It is loose tea so you'll need a tea ball or strainer.

I see you are from Michigan. I am too. I'm in Korea right now as I was in the military and stationed here. My husband is still in the Military so I'm staying over here with him for a while. I'm from Algonac, Michigan....near Port Huron. Can't wait to get back to Michigan.

Oh, I thought of one more tip. My mother told me this one. When she was trying to get my brother or I to take a bottle for the first time she would put a little bit of corn syrup on the nipple. A doctor told her this. I guess it is sweet and that is why it worked. I'm sure it would work for trying to get a baby to latch on too. Or put a little breastmilk on the nipple before trying to get your baby to latch on.
    Last edited by colsus13; August 22nd, 2006 at 07:34 PM.
    SAHW to C and SAHM to my identical boys J & A born 1/7/06 & my little girl K born 8/21/08.

as for increasing milk supply, oatmeal works for me!
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/oatmeal.html

i also use fenugreek and it's worked....along with mother's milk tea.

sorry, but i don't have any suggestions as to how to get a baby to latch on (and stay on)...

HTH!

If your baby is distracted at the breast during the day....maybe a nursing necklace.
    SAHW to C and SAHM to my identical boys J & A born 1/7/06 & my little girl K born 8/21/08.

Quote Originally Posted by colsus13
    If your baby is distracted at the breast during the day....maybe a nursing necklace.
    i have tried this I got him to nurse twice today LOL. but had to do a few tricks.
    1 time while he was in his bumbo i leaned over him ... really uncomfortable for me but he ate.

2nd time, he was laying i propped him with a pillow and hung over him.

weird but at least it worked. lol. i wish I could find something working for me but i am probably going to get bigger shields to help finally use the pump i paid for i hope

thanks ladies!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Whatever works!!!!!

Smile Re: any odd tricks and ideas?

I have used domperidone and it has definitely helped. Not enough for me to stop supplementing, but sometimes I can get up to 8 ounces pumped each day instead of the 3 - 4 I used to get. You can get domperidone (motilium) at www.globaldrug.tv without a prescription. I take 3 tablets 4 x's a day. My LC recommeded it. Hope this helps.