Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I never imagined in a million years

Default Re: I never imagined in a million years

I totally understand, Kathryn.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

It's always harder on the mama but better for the baby (Joshua)... you've done so much to give him the best start and this process is just one more step in that journey!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Thanks ladies. I was crying today (partially hormones) because I feel like our relationship is so different. I just don't feel as connected to him right now in the same way, and I need to try to connect more in other ways. We will get there. I'm working on a little poem for him, and I will share it once I finish it. Thanks again for all the hugs.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

You never know, Joshua may want to nurse again when the baby arrives. There is a beautiful article in the Jan-Feb issue of Mothering Magazine called "Unweaning Georgia." The circumstances are a bit different, but you may want to read it.
    Rory was born on May 20, 2008.

We love cloth diapers!

every moment I can!
    while at work!

Loving Bedsharing, though I swore I'd never do it.

How is he doing Kathryn?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    How is he doing Kathryn?
    sorry...haven't checked this thread in awhile. He is doing okay, much more attached to Daddy now. Daddy puts him to bed much more often than I do now. Still working on ways to reconnect with him, without nursing. It's hard. I am trying to wrestle with him a bit, and tickle play more. He seems to like that. We also play this game where we put his matchbox cars down each others shirt. He laughs hard at that. I feel in a way as if we are redefining our relationship, because for so long nursing was his rock. He nursed if he was scared, hurt, tired, happy, sad...and now he is trying to find other ways to deal with is emotions. We are both learning and growing from it. I guess it's part of growing up for both of us. On occasion he will latch on for a couple minutes, but it is getting less and less. I would love for him to want to nurse again when the baby comes. I guess we'll just see what happens...

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

You know the biggest pain in the a$$ about being a good parent? My mom always reminds me of this... if you do a good job, they grow up.

I'm crying. You'll find your way. We all do. We don't have any other choice.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Joshua has such an amazing bond with you, you can see it when he looks at you- you are still his world and you have given him the best foundation possible through your nursing relationship and being such a positive role model/parent for him.

You never know what the future holds and maybe he will wnat to nurse but for now I hope you find solice in the relationship that you have shared and all the hard work that went into it! Not many can say they would sacrifice themselves and nurse for over two years and allow their child to lead weaning and any limitations that were set along the way were done so in a gentle and loving way. (with the exception of many mama's on here, but aren't we always the exceptions...)
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I wonder if he will come back to nursing more when your milk comes back in again. He's such a big boy now though, he might be ready to let it go for good. Growing up is hard on mommas!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

to the pp's. Harder on us most of the time.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.