Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never imagined in a million years

Default I never imagined in a million years

that Joshua would want to go into his crib without nursing first

The past 2 nights he nursed for like 2 seconds and then said "night night bed" and pointed to his crib. I tucked him in and he said "bye bye Mama".
    I was shocked. He LOVES nursing at night, and usually I have to peel him off of me. Getting him to bed literally took one minute.

Also, I always nurse him until he is asleep for his naps. For the past 26 months, I have been the only one to put him down for every single nap (hard to believe). Today he wanted Daddy to rock him instead , and then decided he just wanted to go right into his crib. He babbled for a while and then fell asleep.

I cannot even believe this, I am so shocked. I never imagined he would ever do this! It is bittersweet. I am relieved that I don't have to be the only one to put him to bed, but I am sad that our special little time together is ending.
    One day at a time...

He does still ask to nurse a few times a day, (even though he isn't get much), and he says "milkies is funny" and looks at it and laughs in between nursing. I feel like we are heading down the weaning road. I thought for sure I would be tandem nursing, but now I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Default Re: I never imagined in a million years

Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

ds1 lost interest in nursing while I was pg. I didn't see myself tandem nursing, but I also wasn't really prepared for him to stop nursing as quickly as he did.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

It's hard watching them wean, isn't it? You are doing such a great job following his lead- either way he's still going to be your baby.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

I can totally relate. DD has been sleeping in her crib. ALL NIGHT for the past couple weeks. Usually she wakes up early morning and I'll take her to bed with me and nurse her (the only time I nurse her) then put her back to bed, and this morning she slept until 8:25 and only asked for her binky when she got up I was pretty emotional about it, but I realize this is just one morning and most likely she'll wake up early tomorrow (I hope)

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kathrynk View Post
    I cannot even believe this, I am so shocked. I never imagined he would ever do this! It is bittersweet. I am relieved that I don't have to be the only one to put him to bed, but I am sad that our special little time together is ending.
    One day at a time...

He does still ask to nurse a few times a day, (even though he isn't get much), and he says "milkies is funny" and looks at it and laughs in between nursing. I feel like we are heading down the weaning road. I thought for sure I would be tandem nursing, but now I'm not so sure. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeannie.bean View Post
    I was pretty emotional about it, but I realize this is just one morning and most likely she'll wake up early tomorrow (I hope)

OH! Kathyrn let's trade! I'll take the 26 months who is leading the way to weaning and you can have my 37month old who is fighting it tooth and nail. The only thing he is fighting harder than weaning is potty training.
    I will take that baby AND ALL THESE OTHER BABIES who want to wean before they are 24
    Give 'em here!!!

Way too lazy for formula

What a great little man you have, making the transition easier for himself and for mom Now that I've been through it, I realize it really is harder on the mom that it is the child (CLW that it is)

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!