Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do YOU handle not having support? -- A bit depressed...

Default Re: How do YOU handle not having support? -- A bit depressed...

Hi! It can take as long as you haven't nursed to regain full supply. So if you haven't nursed in 3 months, it may take that long for full supply to come back.

And no you arent crazy! I haven't nursed my DS is 5 months! Things are going great! It's a slow slow process so don't expect anything over night.

You should pump every 2-3 hours for 15-20 min, not 8-10. Milk supply is all about demand. The more demand, the more milk your body will make.

I hope all goes well! Keep us updated!!

Default Re: How do YOU handle not having support? -- A bit depressed...

Super-relactacting mamas,
    I just want to give you a little more personal cheerleading! I admire you so much for your dedication. I can only imagine how difficult it must be with so little family support. No matter what other people say or think, you KNOW that you are doing the best you can for your children, making your best effort to give them a priceless gift that only you can give. You don’t deserve criticism; you deserve a mothering award!
    You go, mamas!
    P.S. The same goes for all the BFing mamas who have to deal with ignorant criticism.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on