Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My toddler did an interesting thing this morning...

Default My toddler did an interesting thing this morning...

Gabe has not nursed for nearly six months now. And in all that time (excepting perhaps the first couple weeks after weaning) he has never expressed an interest in nursing again, or even indicated that he remembers what nursing is. He's had plenty of ongoing opportunities to see my breasts and touch them, but he's always called them "tummy," or just touched the nipples and laughed.

Today I was sitting on the toilet before my shower and Gabe pointed at my breasts and said "milk." He said it several times, and he even acted like he was about to put his mouth to one of them. But he didn't. Then he went back to touching the nipple and laughing.

I've been feeling a little tender lately, being 12 weeks pregnant, and I think my breasts have swelled some. Perhaps Gabe senses a slight odor that reminds him of nursing? I don't know if it's possible to start producing milk this early in pregnancy, but perhaps there's something about being pregnant that changes how I smell...kwim?
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Default Re: My toddler did an interesting thing this morning...

Interesting? Boys named Gabriel tend to be interesting characters though

COngrats on the pregnancy- both Gabes will be big brothers this coming Summer/Fall!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I could be the smell. Or the color, have your nipples gotten dark yet? Maybe they've changed color just enough to remind him of how they looked when he was tiny.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks for the cognrats Congrats to you, too, gabesmommy. Wouldn't it be funny if we named our second kids the same name, too...

I dunno. I just just thought it was interesting. And kinda cute
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

That is really interesting! It's always amazing to me that first, our children are so tuned in to things that they can pick up something we haven't even noticed (maybe darkened areola, a little milk excretion, odor, etc.), and second, that our bodies can do such amazing things! What a neat story.
    Sue
    LLL Leader

That is SO sweet that he remembers it in a nice way. I always wonder if Logan will retain any memories of nursing as he grows up.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09