Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Does your larger breast correlate w/your dominant hand?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm left-handed and the L breast is larger

2 3.08%
  • I'm left-handed and the R breast is larger

4 6.15%
  • I'm right-handed and the R breast is larger

29 44.62%
  • I'm right-handed and the L breast is larger

24 36.92%
  • My breasts are the same

7 10.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedness?

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*abbymom View Post
    Hmmm...I'm right handed and left boobied! Odd woman out, I guess.
    Nope, me too!

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

For me, I was fairly certain that my left was better was because I would nurse on the left and type one-handed with my right (good) hand right from the beginning. I dunno, given how evenly the poll has turned out so far, it seems like it might be fairly random.

I'm a rightie and my left is bigger -- I think without realizing it I preferentially nursed on the left in the beginning; my LO's latch was bad on the right to begin with and he gave me a painful nipple crack.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manitobamommy View Post
    For me, I was fairly certain that my left was better was because I would nurse on the left and type one-handed with my right (good) hand right from the beginning. I dunno, given how evenly the poll has turned out so far, it seems like it might be fairly random.

I"m starting to agree!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

My right breast has always been bigger and even bigger now they almost look like two different people. I exclusive pump and the right breast always makes more milk also.

Initially this was true for me. But I believed every thing I read about supply and demeand and found it to be true. So it can be totally manipulated by you.
    IN that if you block feed two times on the smaller side to every one on the dominant side, it will even out within about a week. And you can also pump on the smaller side only in between feedings and that will also help the smaller side to match the other. I actually had a few months where the smaller side actually got BIGGER and of course I just needed to ease up on the amount of attention I paid to it.
    I think we all have goals in life of even boobs. And EVERYONE has one that's bigger most of the time. During breastfeeding this is the only time you can completely manipulate actual even Steven breasts. I love that.

Way too lazy for formula

Well, I am right handed, my left boob is bigger, and my right actually produces more milk, even though its smaller. And I can NOT get my left to produce any more than it does because I am pretty sure I have some damaged ducts as a result of severe mastitis with my first.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Mine were wonky before I breastfed and now have evened out! Excellent. We can maybe add that to the list of 'Benefits of Breastfeeding'
    Karli, Besotted mother of Ashley,8lb 9oz - 9th May 2007 and Fae 8lb 11oz 17th Feb 2010, both born at home, naturally.

Nappy-free @ 18 months EC'ing rocks!
    Just leave it alone.

I'm starting to see that I'm just in the minority altogether, being a lefty!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Us lefties are definitely the minority. Or "special" if you prefer.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63