Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Does your larger breast correlate w/your dominant hand?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm left-handed and the L breast is larger

2 3.08%
  • I'm left-handed and the R breast is larger

4 6.15%
  • I'm right-handed and the R breast is larger

29 44.62%
  • I'm right-handed and the L breast is larger

24 36.92%
  • My breasts are the same

7 10.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedness?

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    I swear I started a thread like this long ago
    I thought it seemed familiar.

My right boob has always been bigger even before having a baby, but it was definitley a better producer and the size difference increased int he early months of nursing. I suspected in my case it was because my pump horn fit my right boob better than my left so it was getting more stimulation when I pumped.

ETA: and I'm right handed.
    Last edited by @llli*norasmommy; January 23rd, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot the whole point
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

Right Handed and I get about twice as much from the right boob when I pump. But they look the same. LO usually refers the right expect for night feeding when he prefers the left
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

my left has always been larger and the dominant over achiever when pumping, when feeding Silas has always preferred the right breast though? ....

I even have to have 2 different horn sizes for Large for left and Regular for right

I'm Right hand dominant in writing/typing but left haded at most other things, I can write with my left but it's not pretty, or fast just legible
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I was slightly lopsided from the beginning but when I had nipple trauma (from having flat nipples) the right one healed right away and the left one never fully recovered. It also never really pulled out, whereas the right one did. As of about 7 months I only nurse off the right side - the left has pretty much dried up - so I am really lopsided now! On the plus side I have a pretty good idea of how the right one will look when I wean and it's not so bad.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I did a lot of alternating, because DS wanted thirds, and fourths, and fifths...
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    On the plus side I have a pretty good idea of how the right one will look when I wean and it's not so bad.
    NICE!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Hmmm...I'm right handed and left boobied! Odd woman out, I guess.
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ

Am I the only leftie here???
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Right and right for me(maybe I like being Right too much?). Actually, DS seemed to prefer left in the very beginning, probably due to flat nipple on the right and it still manages to be my producer with both kids.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*abbymom View Post
    Hmmm...I'm right handed and left boobied! Odd woman out, I guess.
    ( sits beside abbymom) You're not alone!
    Babies are Just Awesome

now cloth diapering that
    Mom to Liv, Soph & now Baby Nate Nate

Are you typing with one hand, too?

birth: 7lbs 14oz / discharge: 7lbs 1oz / day 7 8lbs 1 oz / day 14 8lbs 15oz / day 28 10lbs 7oz / 9 weeks 13lbs 12oz/ 17 weeks 16lbs 2oz
    / 6 months 19lbs 7oz