Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Does your larger breast correlate w/your dominant hand?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm left-handed and the L breast is larger

2 3.08%
  • I'm left-handed and the R breast is larger

4 6.15%
  • I'm right-handed and the R breast is larger

29 44.62%
  • I'm right-handed and the L breast is larger

24 36.92%
  • My breasts are the same

7 10.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedness?

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

My right one isn't actually larger than the left but it definately produces way more. I had been thinking that it was because DD only liked to be held upright in the early days and she was always on the left side putting pressuer on it.
    Megan
    Karina Abigail-born 8/2/2008

Made it a year!! Here's to a long and happy BF realtionship!

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

I am left handed and formerly left boobed. My first two DDs preferred the left as the milk just falls out of it. It always leaked and was smaller. DD3 it turns out is tongue-tied and prefers the right because the nipple pokes out far and points out so that it is towards the roof of her mouth and is easier to latch on to. My boobs are looking pretty lopsided these days.

Mine aren't necessarily lopsided, but I'm right-handed and my left boob is the milkiest!! Weird, huh?

I'm a full-time single mama and a full-time law student!! Loving every minute!!

Mommy to Izzy , born 8/23/08!!! Check out our blog!

BW: 8lbs. 8oz., 20 in.
    3 months: 11 lbs. 14oz., 23 1/4 in.
    6 months: 17 lbs. 9oz., 26 1/2 in.
    9 months: 20 lbs. 0 oz., 27 in.
    12 months: 22 lbs. 12 oz., 28 3/4 in.
    15 months: 25 lbs. 12 oz., 29 3/4 in.

for 18+ months! Now we only nurse on one side because mama's other side is predisposed to recurring mastitis!!

Definitely lopsided and it doesn't bother me. I'm rt handed and rt side is larger. Though next time around I'd like to try to nurse more often on the left side so I can do more while lo eats.
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*tspeegle09 View Post
    Mine aren't necessarily lopsided, but I'm right-handed and my left boob is the milkiest!! Weird, huh?

Yes, weird--and I love the word 'milkiest'!
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

I'm right handed and right boobed as well

double post

I haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I think I may be alone in this: my right breast has more milk, but the left breast is actually bigger.

Oh, and I am right handed.