Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Does your larger breast correlate w/your dominant hand?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm left-handed and the L breast is larger

2 3.08%
  • I'm left-handed and the R breast is larger

4 6.15%
  • I'm right-handed and the R breast is larger

29 44.62%
  • I'm right-handed and the L breast is larger

24 36.92%
  • My breasts are the same

7 10.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedness?

Default Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedness?

If your BFing boobs are lopsided, does the larger one correlate with your dominant hand?? The responses to my previous post today got me wondering, since I'm left-handed and it's my L breast that's larger.
    Last edited by @llli*JosieWales; January 23rd, 2009 at 12:14 PM.
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

Yup, right handed, right boobed.

The nurses in the NICU told me that it's because in the very early stages of BFing, I put LO to the right more often. Those early days really set the stage for your BFing experience. At that time, I had bigger worries than a dominant boob.

If I have another baby, I'll make a point of altering sides in the early days.
    Last edited by @llli*amysmom; January 23rd, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Default Re: Poll:If 1 breast makes more milk than the other,does it correspond w/your handedn

I found it to be the opposite, I was more inclined to nurse from my left breast as I could hold Em with my left arm, leaving my dominant arm free. And consequently that boob was bigger. They're back to normal now. Well, not at all normal as in the way they were pre-baby, but the new normal. :P
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I had never thought of this before, but yes with DS2, my right breast produces more and I am right-handed. I never had any supply issues with DS1
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

my breasts are the same maybe because I alternate breasts at each feeding?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I'm right-handed and I've always been able to pump more faster from my left, but I never noticed a size difference or a difference when DD was nursing...

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I thought every woman had diff sized boobs. Gee way to not make me feel better. Even DH says my left one is his fave. Nice. LOL. And it just so happens I never favored a side bfing. Hmm. But Left side was bigger pre pregnancy. And still is.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    my breasts are the same maybe because I alternate breasts at each feeding?

I do too! But still, here I am, limping down the hallway...
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

I swear I started a thread like this long ago

im a right hander and right boober too

For me it's because I tend to nurse more with my right side because that arm is strong and I can hold them more comfortably with the right... the left is weak and akward...
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    im a right hander and right boober too
    Same here... not sure why mine are lopsided. In the early days I was pretty consistent with switching the "starting" boob for each feeding. Honestly, I never even noticed my lopsidedness until I went back to work and started pumping and realized my right boob produces WAY more milk than my left boob.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.