Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my days are numbered,,,

Default Re: my days are numbered,,,

I've been drinking this one, it's for both milk production and to soothing baby:
    http://www.lunareclipse-babies.com/p...ursingtea.html

This one also came highly recommended and seems to be more about milk production:
    http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=6800
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    how old is baby? could be a growth spurt... if he is acting fussy at the breast it may not be indicative of low supply and, as the PP mentioned the pump isn't a good indicator of how much baby is getting. Having said that... has your cycle returned?
    no, my cycle hasnt returned yet. DId i read somewhere that my low supply could be an indicator that my cycle is returning?
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*chi829 View Post
    no, my cycle hasnt returned yet. DId i read somewhere that my low supply could be an indicator that my cycle is returning?
    sometimes prior to your cycle returning your supply will take a temp. drop. How many wet and poopy diapers does DS have in a 24 hour period? This is the best indicator as to if he is actually getting enough.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I think it might be a good idea for you to contact your local LLL leader or find a certified lactation consultant. The LC could weigh your LO with a baby scale before and after nursing to get a better idea of how much he is getting.

Breasts can definitely change around the 3-month mark, no longer becoming engorged the way they did before. It's not an indicator of low supply. But obviously if you are concerned that he isn't getting enough milk you should follow up on your instincts.

Normal pumping output
    Breasts feel empty
    Milk supply
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

THanks everyone. How do I fing my local LLL leader?

We love and

Follow the links at the top of the screen

Good luck Mama. Hands-on help can't be beat!
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Just got off with my OB office, she said to try fenugreek.... anyone try this? Does it really work? SHe said if that doesnt help to call back for prescription meds...... you know, maybe Im just being a totally paranoid, LO has plenty of wet diapers, but the only thing that has me concerend is the amount of time he sucks when he gets on the breast and my pump output in the mornings when it should be at it's highest and its not. Going to the herb store on my lunch break...

We love and

yes it helps many women Although you have to take a lot of it. Your pee may smell like maple syrup and that's a good thing.

My morning output was low as well, it just means that your hormone cycles are different, not that something is wrong. So does he have enough pee/poop diapers? If so take the funegreek and try oatmeal and a lot of water, but trust your body Mama! This is what you were made to do.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Are you going to try fenugreek, too? That's what did it for me.

Also, if the # of wet/dirty dipes is good, then I wonder if maybe your LO truly is getting enough?
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

his wet diapers are great. No problem. He only poops every 5 days or so. His Ped. said not to worry with that unless he becomes cranky or has a hard tummy, neither of which has happened. His mood and spirits are great. I just took my first fenugreek. I have a "concentrated" capsule that is filled with liquid. THe Herb Dr. at the store said to start with one capsule 2x/day. If that doesnt work take 2 capsules 2x a day. He also recommended the mothers mil tea daily. He said "but momma, the very FIRST thing you must do is take the stress away" i said "oh, can u see I'm very stressed out over here" we both laughed. He's great. Very smart man, everyone here in Panama City has gone to see him for one reason or another. I just went home on my lunch break, fed LO (only lasted about 4 minutes though) and pumped about 2 ounces. WHen he was on the breast, he was swalowing pretty much the whole time. THen he just quit like he was satisfied? Who knows. I just hope things get back on track. MAybe things are already on track and Im just being ridiculous. THats always a good chance of that! haha!

We love and