Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it teething...on the verge of insanity

Default Is it teething...on the verge of insanity

My peanut is 8 months old, still no teeth. She chews, sucks, mouths anything around her though. She used to sleep through the night between 3 months and 4 1/2 months. Then she started getting up 2 x a night. Recently, it's been mroe than that. Like this morning, after 3:45, she would roll over and nurse every 20 minutes it seemed like. Just for a couple minutes and then she'd be done. Is it teething that makes her do this? I am getting sleep deprived and am trying to find answers. I want her to sleep better, so I sleep better, but don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of stopping breastfeeding for some of the night feedings, to help get her used to weaning, but i don't even know how to begin that. I almost think she is not getting enough from me and is waking up because she is not full. I give her bottles of EBM mixed with some formula (because i have had low supply issues since she was 8 weeks), with her meals, then i nurse her to sleep and nurse when she wakes up at night.

I don't know what all i am asking here...but i just need some help on figuring out what is going on, and how to get through it!!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Default Re: Is it teething...on the verge of insanity

Babies are funny, they just keep mixing it up on you! My DD went through this waking/nursing business for a couple of weeks last month. Some nights she wanted to just be on the nipple all. night. long.

She stopped on her own. No teeth. No illness. I think she was just figuring out a bunch of stuff developmentally, and needed the contact etc to help her stay asleep so her brain could sort it out, yk? I just try to remember that there is always a reason for the behavior or the change. It may not be immediately apparent, but I truly believe that when babies change their routines like this it is not for nothing.

Anyhow, I guess what I'm saying is hang in there! I'm sure that this too, shall pass.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Well babies definently like to mix it up. Mine has been waking basically every 2 hours at night since about 3 months old. Just starting to sleep longer at 18 months. But sudden increases, and all the other teethings signs could certainly be teeth. No way to know untill you see one though. And let me tell you, when you do see the tooth after all that misreableness it is such a relief. You know there was a reason for it all.

You'll get through it!

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

My dd was born on May 22. We are going through the same thing now at night, I guess for the past 2-3 weeks...so tired, I can't even remember. But she's been sleeping through the night since 6 weeks, so maybe this is making up for it? Now she is waking every 1-2 hours! So she's been sleeping in our bed for most of the night so I can rest. DD JUST STARTED to cut her first tooth. I thought teething may be it, and now I know it probably is because when she wakes, it seems like something may be bothering her. She also has an ear infection, so if your baby recently had a cold you may want to get checked just to rule out the ear infection - they can really act up at night. Also my DD is getting really active. I notice when she starts learning new things, then she's up at night too....Hang in there....I'm trying too...You aren't alone
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby